13 Feb - India vs Australia - Warmup

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
would fancy Indian chances on TurnTables more than on the DEAD "Rolled Dust" wickets they prepare for the IPL.

Being a bowler I would always prefer bowler friendly pitches, especially turners.

its not fun to watch 214 vs 175 often. i hope that other grounds provide different challenges.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
IF....a big IF...India wins this cup it will be a result based on less of our own talent more on the misfortune of others. Guess what....Me Likey!!!! :D Now roll the drums :cheers!!!

Dont roll out the drums yet! We got to wait until we reach there. I dont want another one where we start talking too early and end up with mud on our faces. Lets wait till the end.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
It was too funny to watch Sreesanth, munaf, chawla, ashwin, yuvraj, harbhajan bowling in the same game. This 15 players sub thing is good. They should use it at our domestic levels sometime.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
they only allow it in warm-up matches, i remember the pakistan v auckland warm up in december was a 12 man game. it ruins cricket a bit if you allow this in proper domestic games, since people then dont have to field but can bat.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was too funny to watch Sreesanth, munaf, chawla, ashwin, yuvraj, harbhajan bowling in the same game. This 15 players sub thing is good. They should use it at our domestic levels sometime.
It would be better if the IPL uses this idea, pure business and entertainment.

Sagacious

Club Cricketer
Not at all happy with India's batting form...hope everything will be settled once Sachin is back.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's not often you see 300+ chased down; sometimes it is possible, but odds are usually against the chasing side. In this game, people tended to think Australia had it in the bag, but it was still possible to get out for a lower total. These sorts of games are harder to predict and more often make for thrilling contests.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah... I also love the low scoring games... Its not fun to see bowlers getting whacked all the time.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Dont roll out the drums yet! We got to wait until we reach there. I dont want another one where we start talking too early and end up with mud on our faces. Lets wait till the end.

Were just rolling the drums for beating the aussies. It just shows ...were good against one of the better ones, and anyways when we win the world cup a ......Bunga Bunga party is in order:spy. Capiche.

now roll the drums again!

khalek

Panel of Selectors
India shouldn't even have got to 220+ and the way Aussies collapsed against spin was shocking.

And the overlay looks like ████ :mad

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
If that match wasn't fixed , i gleefully would like to thank Piyush Chawla, Ravi Ashwin , Bhajji (just incase you guys want him to be credited) for making England's life easier when they play India at the very same ground . When nothing-bowlers like Piyush happen to cause havoc to the best cricket team in the world , i don't see why the best spinner in the world ATM , Mr.Graeme Swann wouldn't do the same to the Indian batsmen with Sehwag in special who struggled bigtime against the likes of Jason Krejza !

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Wow now the people think it was a fixed match :clap Typical mentality when your best team loses.

Come on grow up and learn to digest matches that don't go your way.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If that match wasn't fixed , i gleefully would like to thank Piyush Chawla, Ravi Ashwin , Bhajji (just incase you guys want him to be credited) for making England's life easier when they play India at the very same ground . When nothing-bowlers like Piyush happen to cause havoc to the best cricket team in the world , i don't see why the best spinner in the world ATM , Mr.Graeme Swann wouldn't do the same to the Indian batsmen with Sehwag in special who struggled bigtime against the likes of Jason Krejza !

Not necessarily. India exploiting the turning wicket against a team like Australia, and an English spinner (who hasnt bowled as much on Indian wickets) doing it against well established players of spin from the Indian team is a world of difference. Dont prop up your dreams!:p First of all, World Cup wickets are going to be a lot different (they will be batting feasts to please the crowds). Sehwag struggling against spinners? When was that? He will first whack a spinner and only then will talk to him. Forget about respect! You should start panicking if Sehwag stays on until Swann and your spinners come on to bowl.

Remember, Warne and Murali were made to look very ordinary when they played against India in India. It would be an insult to put Swann in the same league as those guys. Only the English guys hype Swann. For the rest of us, he is just a decent bowler.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

India exploiting the turning wicket against a team like Australia, and an English spinner (who hasnt bowled as much on Indian wickets) doing it against well established players of spin from the Indian team is a world of difference.

Agreed totally.

I'd back the lesser known Indian spinners to do way better than Swann. I don't see the English spinning their way to victories, the Indians will almost exclusively use it and effectively.
Swann has to fight two giant battles, the conditions which require a different spinning skill set and the worlds best players of spin. If he pulls it off I'll eat my hat but I'm starting to move to the "Swann is a tad bit overrated" bandwagon.

Users who are viewing this thread