16 Feb - India vs New Zealand - Warmup

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Batting isn't really a concern for you guys - McCullum looked dangerous today, Guptill scored a ton the other day, Ryder is Ryder and Taylor was relatively solid against the Pak attack.

Death bowling is your biggest concern. I really thought you guys were starting to overcome it with your clever variations of pace against Pak during the 5th ODI, but reading the comments here, the Indians picked it up.

Get Southee out at the nets, and make him bowl to the roots of the stump all week long till his arm drops off!

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah I don't really think Bennett would have done a heck of a lot better. If you look at how the Indian pace bowlers did we didn't actually do too much worse than them, except they had a load of spinners to call on. Nathan McCullum is going to be pretty important for us, hes going to have to bowl pretty well for us to have any chance.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I still reckon Bennett over Oram personally. We'd still bat really low and Bennett is better at the death than Oram.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
In terms of positives, our top three all have the potential to win matches, ideally one of them will fire in each of the quarters, semis and final.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch

:)

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not, I'm saying one of them will have to fire in each of those matches if we're going to progress to the next stage...

P

pcfan123

NZ look woeful nowadays, I'd bet the farm they don't make it to the semis this time.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
What is this nonsense about playing one paceman and Kohli?
Do you seriously think you can make it to the 15 over mark without conceding 100 with only one paceman?
And how are you going to make it through the batting powerplay?
Pace bowlers get a lot of stick because they bowl the tough overs that spinners can not.
You need 3 pacemen, and this is why just about every Indian ODI XI for the past 2 years has contained 3 pacemen.

And don't forget about the PRESSURE factor.
It is all very well whopping 360 in a meaningless game with no pressure against an understrength NZ team who have been dreadful even when their best XI are on the park, but don't forget this is a WORLD CUP, and PRESSURE will play a huge part.
It is already playing with your minds, and this is obvious by the way you are talking about this one paceman and Kohli nonsense.

King Cricket

International Coach
Slowcoach said:
You need 3 pacemen, and this is why just about every Indian ODI XI for the past 2 years has contained 3 pacemen.

Going with three pacers on subcontinental tracks would be sheer craziness! All our pacers, bar probably Zaheer, are pathetic, and can throw the match away for India any moment by incessantly bleeding runs. I'd even stick my neck out and say that our contingent of seamers is one of the worsts in the world.

Spinners were the ones who decimated Australia in the first match and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat with no less than nine wickets shared between them. In the second match too, when the New Zealand top order was pulverizing our bowlers, the spinners came to the rescue of the team. Picking Harbhajan along with either Ashwin or Chawla is a must if we want to lift the cup.

Last edited:

Kabooka

International Cricketer
What is this nonsense about playing one paceman and Kohli?
Do you seriously think you can make it to the 15 over mark without conceding 100 with only one paceman?
And how are you going to make it through the batting powerplay?
Pace bowlers get a lot of stick because they bowl the tough overs that spinners can not.

And don't forget about the PRESSURE factor.
It is all very well whopping 360 in a meaningless game with no pressure against an understrength NZ team who have been dreadful even when their best XI are on the park, but don't forget this is a WORLD CUP, and PRESSURE will play a huge part.
It is already playing with your minds, and this is obvious by the way you are talking about this one paceman and Kohli nonsense.

My friend it is easy for you to say that, we need 3 seamers when pakistan themselves have traditionally had if not the best, the near best seamers around for the past 20 odd years. Sadly we dont have that luxury. We have one of the weakest pace attacks around and save for zaheer none of our pacers are consistent. still i agree that we need more than one pacer aound. maybe zak with nehra or sree will do. As the matches progress india can cycle between ashwin and chawla as per their performance. Same can be done by picking any 2 out of the trio of yuvi, raina and pathan.

nevertheless it is better to have the problem of plenty, than to lack in quality players.

my playing XI for the opener

Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Kohli
Yuvi
Dhoni
Pathan
Bhajji
Chawla
Zak
Nehra