13 Feb - India vs Australia - Warmup

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I loved the way Chawla bowled. It was marvelous to see a legspinner bowl with such beauty in an ODI after Shane Warne. This game also shows how teams with weakness against spin will struggle against the likes of india and Lankans.

Last edited:

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Nice Game. Austraillians will come very hard in the WC. They are a very determined side. I dont think so this warm up game will affect Aussies in any way but it has surely boost up Indian Team confidence and morale

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
uh! It's disappointment for us that we lost the game by a margin. The middle/lower order collapse was just unbelievable. surprised with StinkyBoHoon - Clarke may not make through the starting XI? Oh dear, I haven't seen such news from anybody till now.

Are you sure you watched the match? 36 runs defeat against 214 target is hell lot of runs :)

Clarke is really in awful form and does not currently deserve a spot in middle order. Ferguson should take his place.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I don't understand how Australia lost this match. :lol When I last time checked the scorecard Australia were about 110-1.

The only good news for Australia is that Ponting scored a fifty.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If the wickets continue to be like this for the World Cup, the spinners are going to run amock. Sides could stuff their XI with spinners (India can even play all three and have only Zaheer or one seamer). I wish World Cup wickets are not as turners as these warmup ones. Chawla has just jumped up big in the pecking order above Ashwin by many notches (also since he is a leg spinner and provides the variety as against Ashwin who is another off spinner like our premier guy, Bhajji).

The disappointment is, Zaheer is again having some strain or the other. WTH IS THE PROBLEM WITH ZAK AND INJURIES?:mad:facepalm Wish he stays for the whole tournament. He has managed his body poorly.

adityaduggal

School Cricketer
Well I think the pitches are going to be less spin friendly, but going by the way our pacers fared in this match I think Indian Team would have big problems on flatter tracks.
'Coz if we get pitches like this then as Dhoni said the matches would be more or less decided by toss only.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Geez that was an epic choke. Not surprising though as collapses are becoming a common thing for us these days. Not good having all the middle order struggle so bad against spin.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Did anyone else miss Richie's commentary? The only knowledgable commentator I knew who talked only about the game, and loved every minute of it. So sad that he's retired now.

The Bhogle's, Manjrekar's and Chappell's of this world can stuff it - it would do them a world of good by learning from Richie.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Somehow i doubt such a wicket will be seen in the world cup (at least in IND - i expect turners in SRI & BANG), since i dont the wicket had the kind of preparation if would have for a normal ODI. Teams would be screaming. India would be smart to prepare turning tracks if they want to win, but they would have to strike a proper balance.

Since thinking back to past ODIs AUS/ENG has played @ Bangalore that ive seen over the last decade:

- 1st ODI: India v Australia at Bangalore, Mar 25, 2001 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

- 8th Match: India v Australia at Bangalore, Nov 12, 2003 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

- 1st ODI: India v Australia at Bangalore, Sep 29, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

- 4th ODI: India v England at Bangalore, Nov 23, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Bangalore doesn't behave like that in ODIs.

But of course although im reading too much into these warm-up games. AUS since the glory days ended in 2007, are playing spin as poorly/average as they did in the 90s as was shown in the 2009 series vs PAK in UAE (when Ajmal/Afridi had them in problems) & the recent 2010 test in India. All the improvements vs spin which enabled AUS to win famous test series in IND & SRI 04 are a distant memory. So yea this could be a problem for AUS if they encounter a real turner sometime in the WC.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
why? what possible reason is there for clarke in the team right now? he doesn't bat fast enough, he's in awful, awful form, he can't bowl his spin because of his back, he's not captain.

the only reason he's in the team is because he's going to be captain.

Are you sure you watched the match? 36 runs defeat against 214 target is hell lot of runs :)

Clarke is really in awful form and does not currently deserve a spot in middle order. Ferguson should take his place.

Did you guys watch Clarke's last couple of ODIs?? He top scored with 54 at Brisbane, and then played an excellent innings to basically get Australia home with 82 from 70 balls, chasing 334. Clarke was one vote behind Shane Watson to win the ODI player of the year at last week's Allan Border medal. His average in 2010 was 55.50 striking at 79.36 - how is that awful form?? ODI cricket is the one form he's actually playing well in right now...

----------

Oh and I might add, if there's anyone who's in awful form and being carried just because they are a future captain, it's a Mr Cameron White. I don't think he's hit a ball out of the middle for a month :(

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
TurnTables

I wish World Cup wickets are not as turners as these warmup ones.

Geez Man! Are you against India:)

Hasn't Spin always been India's strength?

I would fancy Indian chances on TurnTables more than on the DEAD "Rolled Dust" wickets they prepare for the IPL.

Being a bowler I would always prefer bowler friendly pitches, especially turners.

King Cricket

International Coach
Maybe I'm reading too much into warm-up games, but Yuvraj's form, or the lack of it, can be a cause of perennial worry for India. Even Raina didn't quite get his flow back and succumbed to Lee at a time the onus was on him to carry the team forward. A top order failure, like what happened yesterday, will not be nullified every day by a splendid bowling performance. At no point did we seem like winning the match before the onslaught of Chawla. An alarming sign ahead of the World Cup.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

why? what possible reason is there for clarke in the team right now? he doesn't bat fast enough, he's in awful, awful form, he can't bowl his spin because of his back, he's not captain.

the only reason he's in the team is because he's going to be captain.

I've been saying he is garbage for a while now. Spend too much of his developing years combing his hair and chasing supermodels :p

Never liked the prick to begin with and I hope this WC is the nail in the coffin for his career.

Foolish to drop Hussey and keep this Backstreet boy on the team

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I don't understand how Australia lost this match. :lol When I last time checked the scorecard Australia were about 110-1.

The only good news for Australia is that Ponting scored a fifty.

It's cricket. 110-1 means NOTHING

Kabooka

International Cricketer
It's cricket. 110-1 means NOTHING

Of course it means a lot. At that stage, I thought that the game was over and lost for good. the main reason that we won this game was that dhoni spotted at the right occasion that his pacers were bitting dust and the Aussies were venerable to spin. also the fact that somehow we got lucky and Aussies choked.

Honestly this is one of the best indian sides in years but they are ranked 2 and are one of the top contenders only because we have a smart captain and a great coach in Guru Garry. Plus all the other teams have really gone down. The ausssie side of the 2007 was one of the strongest i have ever seen and the current one doesnt even hold a candle to it. even the proteas and the lankans are not as strong as before. pakistan has a ton of problems to deal with first.

IF....a big IF...India wins this cup it will be a result based on less of our own talent more on the misfortune of others. Guess what....Me Likey!!!! :D Now roll the drums :cheers!!!

Users who are viewing this thread