425w hiper psu and ati radeon hd 4850

whitekickboy

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
will i be able to run a 4850 on my power supply it says that it has on the 12v rails 17 and 17 so that makes 34 so i guess oi should be able to run it but i would like to know for sure before i buy it

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I'll need the exact specs of your power supply. Are the 17 and 17 you're mentioning, Amperes? Because if they are, then I think you're JUST under the safe margin for a 4850 under load.

whitekickboy

Club Captain
yes they are ill find my full specs for you

right the 12 vault rails both equal well it says o.5a - 17A on both 12v rails and my ouput wattage is 425 it doesent say anything othet than that im afraid

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
You mean it is 17A for both the rails combined?

Also, 425W seems a tad too low, I use a 500w for a 9600GT (CM eP 500w), and I am just on the borderline of its requirement. A 4850 requires more power than a 9600GT. I guess you must invest a 50odd dollars in a new power supply I'm afraid. It might work with this one, but for peace of mind I would get a new one. :)

whitekickboy

Club Captain
hmm.. it says need a 450w minium but i only have a dvd drive 2 gigs of ram processor and mobo so ill have a go with this one and if not ill just upgrade to a 650w i guess cheers for your help khsitiz

Users who are viewing this thread