A beautiful thing just happened...

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
does decreasing the batting stats of the CPU team decreases the aggressiveness of the AI.
I lowered the stats extremely in the demo and the CPU was hardly able to score any runs coz they were always playing and missing.
Dont know if it will force the AI to play sensibly at Test level

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
How do the other pitches (other than damp) play with your new settings? Do you still play every ball on its own merits?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Encouraging find Tom.. Could you post a vague example of your scorecard? I always place importance in how guys get out, as well as the score, and 124 doesn't seem too way off the mark..

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Encouraging find Tom.. Could you post a vague example of your scorecard? I always place importance in how guys get out, as well as the score, and 124 doesn't seem too way off the mark..
Well as the game doesn't allow you to get caught (other than in the clips) playing normal attacking shots, there were a few caught behinds, and a couple of silly runouts. Possible a bowled in there.

If they could fix the game so that sometimes if you mis-time an attacking ground shot it triggers what happens when you mis-time a lofted shot. Should be simple to code, but I reckon the designers were a little short on creativity and problem solving skills.

Last edited:

madmattg

International Cricketer
Its holding my interest, the game really does have some potential and with the view of some patches on the horizon it could break out of its ugly duckling status and provide some much needed enjoyment.

Lets hope

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well I played a test between Scotland and Ireland and it was certainly a lot more interesting. I was bowled out for 75 first innings. They then made 60, I made 110 2nd innings and bowled them out again for 50.
A real sense of working batsmen down by making them play and miss to lose confidence.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
To be honest thats about 100 shy of realistic, thought about leaving the batsmen at say, 75% of their original values?

Could a similar style of play be used to play ODIs??

Did you have the bowling cursor on or off?

Last edited:

ulukai

Club Cricketer
AbBh said:
does decreasing the batting stats of the CPU team decreases the aggressiveness of the AI.
I lowered the stats extremely in the demo and the CPU was hardly able to score any runs coz they were always playing and missing.
Dont know if it will force the AI to play sensibly at Test level

decreasing power certainly helps, see http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168689

should be more significant for test matches

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I'm going to try this technique as soon as I pick up the game.. Do you suggest I turn the cursor off? Is it really that easy?

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Langeveldt said:
Do you suggest I turn the cursor off? Is it really that easy?

Well if you aren't getting the PC version, yes it is. Even with the cursor turned off I find it pretty easy without LC's edited player abilities.

villarich

School Cricketer
Kev said:
Perhaps if you make it so the spinners aren't one of the top 2 bowlers in the team they will not open the bowling.

The simple reason spinners open the bowling is the computer picks the bowler with the highest rating to start.

I am playing a test match and found if I saved the innings before the computer fielded I could reload the game and choose to field and make a fast bowler open. Then I would save it again, reload it as the batting side and the computer would then open with two fast bowlers and not two spinners as it did before.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread