Planetcricket.net Official Review

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
masterkhan06 said:
I was going to buy this but thanks for telling me that this game is crap I will stick with cricket 07:)
it's better than CRICKET 07...

chrismack1

School Cricketer
bl cricket not good

i bought the game and am very disapointed, the game is built all around the world cup and icc trophy no tests, and no classic series like the last game, i would have love to see a test world championship so you can play towards something and maybe have a runs and wickets total so you can create world records for all the hype all they have done is update the graphics and during the loading u cant even read what they have wrote

heroies

School Cricketer
Hi i havent tried the brian lara cricket game but i know it would be better than ea for sure i have a chipped xbox 360 but i cant play online but i will still buy the game just cause i had been waiting for it for the past year . and by the way the spirit here at planet cricket is amazing its like everone is a family and they help each other out in their gaming troubles . CHeers guys keep it up

malikus

School Cricketer
this game sucks guys believe me

EA sports cricket 2007 is way better than this...

try for yourself

Mars Maximus

International Coach
Yea I got installed again, in hope for a patch. After all it aint EA haha but I still got cricket07 installed, so my options are there :D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Dunkyboy said:
Has anyone from Codies got back to us about the issues that have been raised here? :mad:

Yes. RG has posted several times on the Codies forum about it.
There is a chance of a patch (don't think they have a choice about making an Xbox360 one for online play) but it's not a certain.
Also not clear what any patch will do although, speaking from experience, it will most likely address only one or two of the outstanding issues (if that) and people will start demanding another patch straight away!

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
I agree with your review. Batting is WAY too easy. Why, oh why did they not make it easy at the lower levels and challenging at test. In my third game at test level I scored 630-9 as England versus New Zealand in the World Cup Group game. Ridiculous.
Also generating innings produces ludicrous results and scores (ie New Zealand 427 all out, batting first in a World Cup Group match. In test matches I played Eng vs Australia and the AI generated a test match that was over in one day!
Also the wicketkeeper is a fool. His takes are absurd and completely unrealistic.
I am so annoyed that this game is virtually unplayable. BLC 2005 was almost there - it only needed a few tweaks - and they advertise this as being REALISTIC!?!?!?
I have not tried online play. Perhaps that is the sole bit of good news. Codemasters, you have spoilt my year.

sidratt

School Cricketer
If you want a challenging match, get rid of the cursors!

I've made a thread on other ways to increase the difficulty of the game, you can check it out here.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Sir Geoffrey said:
I agree with your review. Batting is WAY too easy. Why, oh why did they not make it easy at the lower levels and challenging at test. In my third game at test level I scored 630-9 as England versus New Zealand in the World Cup Group game. Ridiculous.
Also generating innings produces ludicrous results and scores (ie New Zealand 427 all out, batting first in a World Cup Group match. In test matches I played Eng vs Australia and the AI generated a test match that was over in one day!
Also the wicketkeeper is a fool. His takes are absurd and completely unrealistic.
I am so annoyed that this game is virtually unplayable. BLC 2005 was almost there - it only needed a few tweaks - and they advertise this as being REALISTIC!?!?!?
I have not tried online play. Perhaps that is the sole bit of good news. Codemasters, you have spoilt my year.

Do you not understand that by removing the pace bug, the batting automatically becomes 100 times easier?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
manee said:
Do you not understand that by removing the pace bug, the batting automatically becomes 100 times easier?

Well one would have hoped then the developers would have altered the game engine so this wasn't the case if what you are stating is the main reason for easy batting now ?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I know, but the person I quoted acted like they delibrately made the game easier when in fact, they removed the pace bug and did not think of the consequences.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm not convinced they have totally removed the pace bug. I still get a fair few 45mph deliveries from quick bowlers!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Damn, well I am just speaking from experience of an extremely choppy demo.

Remember, if anyone wants to give me a graphics card, just pm me ;)

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Ok now something amazing just happened, don't know if it happened to you guys and if it is a part of realism from Codies or just a bug!

So i was playing a test Pakistan vs India on County difficulty. I was at 94/0, Mohammad Hafeez was at the crease and i stroked it to the legside.. the indian threw it back to the keeper but it was a misfielding so i decided to get a quick run. I started running, Hafeez got to the bowlers end and Farhat stood there instead of running to the keepers end!!

I was so pissed and then in the replay i saw that when Hafeez started running Farhat wasn't looking at him but was looking backwards(to the crowd or daydreaming) thats why he didn't run to the keepers end! Now from there i was like :eek: wtf and Farhat was run out!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread