A bit of help needed for downloads

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi

First attempt at downloads on DBC, seem to have got most of them being recognised in the Academy and the logo's working for the Test playing nations etc
However, in my career mode some of the changes don't seem to show up, for example as England I've changed my ODI kit from Red to Blue and in the Academy the Waitrose sponsor logo is visible. I'm playing Pakistan in a ODI and again in the Academy their Pepsi logo is on their ODI kit yet in the match I'm playing in Red, not blue with no logo and Pakistan have no logo and the wrong kit, despite it being correct in the Academy - Team Manager screen

Am I doing something glaringly wrong here to stop these showing up, I noticed on my county shirt the sponsor again is wrong from what's in the Team Manager screen, any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi

First attempt at downloads on DBC, seem to have got most of them being recognised in the Academy and the logo's working for the Test playing nations etc
However, in my career mode some of the changes don't seem to show up, for example as England I've changed my ODI kit from Red to Blue and in the Academy the Waitrose sponsor logo is visible. I'm playing Pakistan in a ODI and again in the Academy their Pepsi logo is on their ODI kit yet in the match I'm playing in Red, not blue with no logo and Pakistan have no logo and the wrong kit, despite it being correct in the Academy - Team Manager screen

Am I doing something glaringly wrong here to stop these showing up, I noticed on my county shirt the sponsor again is wrong from what's in the Team Manager screen, any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Changes don't take place in an ongoing career. So to see the changes either you play matches outside career mode or start a new career.

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Ah thanks for that, such a shame don't really want to restart a career as I've played it for a while now

Some logo's, kits etc and I think balls have transferred across to the career mode though already, do you know what I can and can't update graphics wise which will appear in career mode? Randomly I had some Nat West Stumps whilst playing Pakistan away so some changes are being made

Cheers

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I understand what are saying, as I experienced the same when I was adding new mods to the game and saw some random changes in career mode. This is what I think, the main about game is direct modding in ongoing career is not allowed or I should say not that easy. If I recall it right @MattW mentioned that if someone really wants to mod anything in career mode they have to do some detailed editing of the files ( I could be wrong though). That is what we are actually seeing randomly happening. Some of the files might have got duplicated or something that made that appear in there. So I would say if you are really looking to change things you'll have to some detailed editing that is not very much recommended, due to its expensive work demand, time consumption and technical knowledge that is needed to get things right. I am not that much of a technical person, but someone here knows about they'll help you.

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Thanks for your help Zuber, hopefully a few others can comment and shed some light, just baffled for example the England team crest shows on the shirt, yet the logo does not, despite being correct in The Academy, I understands certain things may not incorporate into career mode but you would think things like the above would either be all or nothing?

Can't help thinking I may have done something wrong with the textures folder when copying the files but hopefully some more comments may point me in the right direction

Thanks again

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Well, as it happens to me so far.. let me put that down.

inside Career mode, few things will be constant (regardless the mod being applied):
1. Umpires will always wear Whites.
2. Stumps won't be showing mods.
3. If you replace both the ball textures with your customized version, than duplicating them; it appears. Else; it doesn't.
4. Stadium names will be default, regardless you've renamed few.
5. No Umpires randomization happens. the umpires from your first career mode match seems to be there for every matches. However; if you delete any/ both of those "featured" umpires from your directory; randomization do happens and two new umpires will continue.

inside Ongoing Career:
1. I've completely deleted the "Bats" folder and inserted a customized "Bats". Idk, I found them working.
2. If you edit any of the shirts or pants texture and overwrite them without alpha channel; it changes the color of it. So far I didn't found a replaced texture features inside ongoing career. However; if you delete any of it; the assigned team seems to do some randomization to there kits.
3. If you replace a player from an academy version; it still won't feature inside ongoing career.

Rest simply doesn't show up without updating to a new career.

Awaiting some nice updates to career mods (international tournaments, umpire randomization etc.)

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Thanks for your comments

Something is amiss as I've just started a one off test match Eng v Aus

England team play with Eng logo yet have random county sponsors logo that I had downloaded and LV on their sleeves?

Aussies have their crest yet another random sponsor

The stumps were Investec so that bit worked and it seems the ball had updated to Duke too

So, why in Academy do Englands test strip appear correct with Waitrose logo yet even when selecting a one off game and England test team they turn up in a random outfit not as per the Academy?

Just getting more confused by the minute with this???

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread