A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

Not yet. It has been suggested by some of members here recently, so we might see something related to it later in future.

Big Ant have suggested it may make an appearance in Patch 3

Edit: sorry I meant in reference to the ability to change line-ups in career mode, not international torunaments

@HBK619 So after patch 2 people can start career in rookie as well and it will max go in a difficulty from where i started? That's i guess not fair and takes away the fun but anyways i am an allrounder and they gave me captaincy so early, rest 18 years i have to
play like this and with same team lineups? Nothing interesting after international captaincy? Because it's been obtained on the first or second year. What's gona happen in rest 18 years?

@HBK619 So after patch 2 people can start career in rookie as well and it will max go in a difficulty from where i started? That's i guess not fair and takes away the fun but anyways i am an allrounder and they gave me captaincy so early, rest 18 years i have to
play like this and with same team lineups? Nothing interesting after international captaincy? Because it's been obtained on the first or second year. What's gona happen in rest 18 years?

Well you could just start your career on a higher difficulty?

kuharlemshake.gif

Last edited:

Hopefully the AI does better against the player's bowling, which should stop you getting into the international scene so quickly.

Hopefully the AI does better against the player's bowling, which should stop you getting into the international scene so quickly.

The long video MattW put up of him bowling in career mode on veteran difficulty showed him struggling to pick up a wicket over the course of an innings. The wicket he did get was a nice edge going to first slip nabbed by the keeper.

That's promising.

Would be nice if @MattW can make a video of just the edges and catches to slip/keeper from all his recorded matches so far :D!

So Matt, presumably you have had an extensive play with parts of patch 2, can you comment more now on the default field settings please.

E.g. no more silly mid on/off's, better choice of fields when playing one dayers as opposed to first class etc

So Matt, presumably you have had an extensive play with parts of patch 2, can you comment more now on the default field settings please.
I've not had much game time the past week unfortunately - events in real life have conspired against me and not left me much time to give it a proper go, only got a few more hours in.

Patch No 2 Changelog Really looks very exciting , lets wait and see now what minor irritations where not covered in Patch No. 2 . Because thats all that I feel will be left to do after this major overhaul.

Great Stuff @BigAntStudios !!

Could you please tell me if the black screen crashing issue has been fixed in career mode

Keen to know about this too. Had it again last night in a Twenty20, after hitting 'x' to skip the pitch map, just after taking a wicket.

Black screen, crowd noise etc as reported previously.

I'm assuming this and the career save file corruption issue are fixed. It sounds like a thorough patch.

I am very aware of your countless posts about being run out.

The non striker one that is your particular favorite topic is virtually non existent if you have even the tiniest bit of restraint. The fact that you can't figure out how to avoid that despite being told multiple times why it happens speaks volumes about you.

The stumping one that I quoted that you saw fit to get involved in for some reason is unavoidable but also super rare.

@ Jadel - this one is for you mate :yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZby_46qXiE

Situation:

- I'm the non-striker
- bowler bowls and AI batsman blocks the ball back to the bowler
- bowler fields the ball
- I realise this and hit CANCEL RUN (I had NOT called for a run in the first place) AND I hit RT
- my player does nothing. he stands there gawking whilst the bowler than throws down the stumps

So - is it my imagination as you suggest or something I've incorrectly done? It must be given you seem to know every single facet of this game so as to discredit the issue I've raised.

Nah, it can't be a fault with the game...surely. It MUST be something I've done with either LB/RB/RT/LT/plus the four other buttons to make my batsman stand there gawking.....unless its something built in that I've somehow missed in the instructions??

@ Jadel - this one is for you mate :yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZby_46qXiE

Situation:

- I'm the non-striker
- bowler bowls and AI batsman blocks the ball back to the bowler
- bowler fields the ball
- I realise this and hit CANCEL RUN (I had NOT called for a run in the first place) AND I hit RT
- my player does nothing. he stands there gawking whilst the bowler than throws down the stumps

So - is it my imagination as you suggest or something I've incorrectly done? It must be given you seem to know every single facet of this game so as to discredit the issue I've raised.

Nah, it can't be a fault with the game...surely. It MUST be something I've done with either LB/RB/RT/LT/plus the four other buttons to make my batsman stand there gawking.....unless its something built in that I've somehow missed in the instructions??

The thing you've done "wrong" is hit the cancel run button. This causes the fielders to try and throw down the stumps - and (as you know) sometimes the batsman doesn't respond quickly enough to the cancel run.

If you simply _don't_ cancel the run, your boy will get back in time.

I've seen an AI non-striker run out once in this situation because I didn't send him back, and occasionally I forget that you have to tell an AI striker who's charged a spinner to get back - but most of the time, simply leave the cancel run button alone and everything should be fine.

*edit* In fact, you can see in the video why your boy didn't react quickly to the cancel run - he was doing the "dodge the ball" animation. Seriously, if you'd not have pressed anything, the bowler would have run at the stumps with the ball (instead of throwing it), and your boy would've got back in plenty of time.

Last edited:
@The_Pharoah don't be such a baby with all the passive aggressive crap.

I never once said I know everything to about this game. It's just this one issue that you can't seem to grasp that wears on my patience.

I agreed with you 6 weeks ago that its a bug. But as I have told you every single time you bring it up its completely avoidable.

Don't press cancel run.

It's that simple. I'm not sure why you think recording a video of you doing what I have repeatedly told you not to do would help your argument.

If you had just done nothing your batsman would have put his bat back in the crease and the bowler would have held the ball. No throw no run out

Even if the bowler is standing right next to the stumps when he fields the ball he won't take the bails off if you haven't pressed cancel.

You and your little buddies wonder why I'm patronizing/aggressive in my replies.
Fail to acknowledge that this is probably the 10th time I've had to explain this to you.

You shouldn't need it explained at all, its not a demonstration of skill is just a simple thing that becomes obvious after just a few minutes of playing the game.

It's a bug.. I agree. But its almost 100% avoidable.

Users who are viewing this thread