A Handful of Suggestions.

iloveireland

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He didn't say all of the younger members though did he. Very sadly, he's probably right when he says that some younger members think that a higher post count means higher supremacy.

I am a younger member and I take no notice of how many posts a person has made, everyones opinion is just as valid as everybody else. I disagree with that statement.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I am a younger member and I take no notice of how many posts a person has made, everyones opinion is just as valid as everybody else. I disagree with that statement.
I think he refined his statement to claim that not every young member thought so. In fact, there are plenty who do and you will probably not see them in this thread posting otherwise.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Aye, I used too broad (I better get seom reps Joe ;) a term. By younger mebers I meant newer members, those who are knew to the consept of internet forums all together. The majority of these also tend to be younger.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Aye, I used too broad (I better get seom reps Joe ;) a term. By younger mebers I meant newer members, those who are knew to the consept of internet forums all together. The majority of these also tend to be younger.

You ain't that old to this forum to comment so much on new members. If all the "older" members start to show attitude and airs like what seems to be what u are doing, i daresay, i have no clue where the forum will head to...

as it is, there are loads of under 15 people on the site, and along with the youthful exuberance they instill to the site, along with that comes great immaturity.

People who think they are old enough to the responsible and accountable should refrain from such immature behaviour, and lead the path for the young...

Regarding those people who are new to the world of internet forums, NETG forums is tailor-made just for them. These people will have hesitation in posting, and such light hearted threads can really help in building confidence. When they think they have made good friends, and have become a known name in the site (or the forum), they can go to more serious things like making patches or kits etc for games, or doing some stories of their own...

i hope i am clear...

Animator!

School Cricketer
I fail to see how I'm showing attitude. If I was showing attitude I'd be doing it in a much clearer, more offensive way than suggesting things.

The NETG might be made for n00bs and newbies, but it therefore breeds bad habbits which could continue throughout the board. I'm not saying I'm against some of the threads, some hold a value, but having about 10 different threads on rating different things about people, who could easily amalgamated into a monthly thread where people only have to post once would surely be more clearer, consise and hold more of a purpose, than having the same person comment on the same persons avatar 5 times a day.

I don't think there's an exuberence in this forums. I don't think you can claim that, there's large amounts of immaturity. But nothing that would constitute, kids having a banter or anything of that ilk.

I don't think the NETG is made for newbie's I think that's a ridiculous statement. It's not a place they would go to start posting straight away. Mostly because the majority of the threads in there require you to at least know something about the person your posting on. So somebody completely new would not be able to post there. If anything an introductions forums would be tailor made for Newbie's who need to post. It gets them active and lets people know about them. It would make them feel a lot more comfortable in the forums.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
i'm certainly not against the Introductions Thread. I think that was the Best suggestion from you. we need a thread like that so that new members become comfortable, and active within the forums.

My comment on NETG being good for them is based on the current situation, where, we so NOT have the introductions thread.
In the absence of it, the NETG proves to be the perfect camouflage of the same.

When you comment on the person above you, and he/she replies back, then only will you get to know the person. Not by just simply checking his/hers' profile.

Again, this is based on the fact that there is NO introductions thread at the moment.

I am just commenting on the present. The future is beyond my knowledge and control.

Animator!

School Cricketer
But surely to be able to comment on someone, you have to know about them. So how can somebody new to the forums who doesn't know anyone possibly comment on someone?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
oops my bad... but i was referring to the kind of forum animator has suggested...
i didn't even know there was one though...

thanks for letting me know sohum, and sorry for that animator... :)

PhilD123

International Coach

I think he refined his statement to claim that not every young member thought so. In fact, there are plenty who do and you will probably not see them in this thread posting otherwise.
Cheers for that Sohum, exactly my point. 'I love ireland', I am not trying to say that every young member thinks that post count is so important, I am just trying to say that there are some that do. If you know you don't then please don't take offence from my comment.

Users who are viewing this thread