A Handful of Suggestions.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
On the general chat bit. I just feel that there is too many sections inside it. Computers & Forums for the web can just be amalgamated into an Off Topic forums. Obviously the Fantasy sports & Sport discussion would stay seperate from Off topic.

The Computer based forums have a purpose Animator! Your views obviously have a purpose, but they're all none worthy of doing anything because each forum, and sub forum serves a purpose.

The never ending topic forums serve a purpose and as someone rightly mentioned, some members like firstly stepping into there as its a little more light hearted and probably a place you can build up a rapor (Sp?) with other members, i certainly know i got known half because of the superthread, but as Matt (Evertonfan) rightly said, the superthread turned into a spamfest, and as i said in my first post, i want it back, it was an awesome thread, but until the spam-monkeys bugger off, i hope it remains closed!!

Animator!

School Cricketer
Oh yeah, but tbf there is a big difference between light hearted, banterish thread where people can talk and integrate a little bit more with each other, and threads that hold the only purpose of +1.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Oh yeah, but tbf there is a big difference between light hearted, banterish thread where people can talk and integrate a little bit more with each other, and threads that hold the only purpose of +1.

No, threads such as rate the avatar and signature are worthwhile as people want to know what others thing, those who don't dwell in the Graphics forums!

The threads such as "what do you think of...." doesnt really hold a place as it only causes arguements... Yours and others arguement is get rid of it, but thats is crap, it is no more useless than General chat, or the stories forum, or the records forum.

Animator!

School Cricketer
My problem isnt that the thread exist. My problem is that in them you get the same person comment on the same other persons sig/avy/personality everyday about 20 times.

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
You've just agreed and disagreed with what I said. I'm confused.

I think I agreed with you with regards to the NEGT but was trying to make the point that despite this site being predominantly about cricket it's worthwhile having forums that cater for other topics as although it may be the cricket angle that brings people in it's the diversity of topics\forums that will keep them coming back.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
My problem isnt that the thread exist. My problem is that in them you get the same person comment on the same other persons sig/avy/personality everyday about 20 times.

Simple thing, you dont like it bugger off...Or atleast out of the Never ending topic forums, OR just dont go into those you disagree with, then you wouldnt need to do this :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I actually agree that we probably need stricter moderation on some NETG threads. On the other hand I'd rather all the text speak was confined to one thread than spread all over the forum.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I actually agree that we probably need stricter moderation on some NETG threads. On the other hand I'd rather all the text speak was confined to one thread than spread all over the forum.

totally right ;)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
That text speak thread is a bit pointless though. The Superhtread got closed for turning into mindless spam (which I agree with) yet the text thread has actually been nothing more than spam. Fair enough with what you'd said Colin, but it's still a largely unnecessary thread.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
That text speak thread is a bit pointless though. The Superhtread got closed for turning into mindless spam (which I agree with) yet the text thread has actually been nothing more than spam. Fair enough with what you'd said Colin, but it's still a largely unnecessary thread.

But why have the spammy text speak all over the forums when it cam be confined into one controllable thread.

This isnt a debate on the Superthread, but i agree with the spam bit, but as i keep saying, until people grow up stop being babies and acting stupid, a thread like the Superthread cannot open, we all know why it broke down, and its pathetic as it was a 1st class thread, those who were to blame for its closure can be classed as the spammers of the forums, but some have improved.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Why have text speak on the forums at all?
There wasn't any all over the place before that thread, so why is it needed as a control measure for Text speak. If there wasn't a problem in the first place, why include a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
It'll only breed more Text Speak. If people believe that can get away with it in one thread, they'll forgot the rule of it not being allowed and talk in text speak by nature, without noticing.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Besides that, there isn't actually any structure at all to that thread. Just members seeing who can produce the most unreadable posts.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Why have text speak on the forums at all?
There wasn't any all over the place before that thread, so why is it needed as a control measure for Text speak. If there wasn't a problem in the first place, why include a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
It'll only breed more Text Speak. If people believe that can get away with it in one thread, they'll forgot the rule of it not being allowed and talk in text speak by nature, without noticing.

Besides that, there isn't actually any structure at all to that thread. Just members seeing who can produce the most unreadable posts.

Easy solution for you both, dont go in that thread, not your problem.

PhilD123

International Coach
Easy solution for you both, dont go in that thread, not your problem.
Yeah but it shouldn't really be allowed where text talk is not allowed. Again, on that subject, I know its hard to see every piece of text talk, but I feel its something that needs to be clamped down on.

I know what animator is talking about, having been a regular member on a fair few FM forums. The one post a day does do well on FM forums, however on here, unlike FM forums, the posts in the NETG do not count. Still, you've got a point, it is a pretty useless forum that hardly has a useful post since the death of the superthread.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
... and also give them an early thread making experience.
:D Practice makes perfect. I still worry when starting a thread. :eek:

Animator, I feel that you give post count a little too much credit. It seems a lot of your concerns originate from the fact that certain threads are useless and people post on it and increment their post count.

I've only been here for 3 years, but I think post count is an inaccurate measure of the value of the forum. If you hang around here for a while and keep track of your favorite forums, you'll soon figure out whose views to respect and whom to ignore. In that regard, I stay away from forums which are not interesting to me and everyone lives happily ever after. Me too, as I'm number 11 in the post count list. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread