A Handful of Suggestions.

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Stop trying to twist my words. I'm saying no such thing. What I am saying however is what is the point in coming to a cricket forum just to post in NETG and avoiding all talk of cricket? Just pointless.

Its not really pointless, no matter what brought you to this site originally, you will occasionally wish to chat about things other than cricket. Also, some people will naturally feel more comfortable in that environment before finding their bearings elsewhere on the site.

The only sub forum that is a waste is the never ending games one. That really is pointless as it doesn't have any content of worth.

The suggestion of a welcome area is a good one - could be an auto-generated pm or message. Would help people feel welcome and allow them to say hello and introduce themselves.

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Its not really pointless, not matter what brought you to this site you, will, occasionally wish to chat about things other than cricket. Some people may feel more comfortable in there to being with before they find their bearings elsewhere on the site.

The only sub forum that is a waste is the never ending games one. That really is pointless as it doesn't contain any content of worth.

You've just agreed and disagreed with what I said. I'm confused.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
The suggestion of a welcome area is a good one - could be an auto-generated pm or message. Would help people feel welcome and allow them to say hello and introduce themselves.

You mean the Introductions Thread?

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe a link of the Introductions Thread could be sent to new members when they activate their account.

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
That would do it. I only point it out as I didn't even realise that there was a intro thread until I'd been posting for almost a year.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
My view on the NETG forum has always been that if members enjoy posting in it we shouldn't get rid of it. Other members are more than welcome not to contribute to threads they think are pointless. I've also closed threads in there that I think are over-the-line spammy.
We could certainly do better in terms of linking to the intro thread though...
Anyway cheers for sharing your ideas and I'll make sure they're discussed.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Stop trying to twist my words. I'm saying no such thing. What I am saying however is what is the point in coming to a cricket forum just to post in NETG and avoiding all talk of cricket? Just pointless.

Did I say I only visit the NETG forum? No. And yes here you are correct for the ones who do not post elsewhere other than the NETG forum although I don't think there is anyone here doing such a thing. The main reason people join here is for cricket, yes! great! but for some fun the NETG forum is acceptable.

Well obviously there is not much point of being on a cricket site if you don't visit it to talk about cricket (whether it be in cricket chat, or in the downloads or stories sections) is there?

Have you seen my Downloads thread in the downloads section?

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Why are you trying to make out that you are the victim? Neither of us have mentioned you personally...

Animator!

School Cricketer
I think Welcome area's as such work well. Generally if someone joins up and is going to post then, giving them a chance to have a thread entirely about them is good. It generally provides a good chance for them just to introduce themselves. I feel in one big thread of introductions some people can get a bit lost which may make them feel unwelcome, which could lead to them not posting.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Why are you trying to make out that you are the victim? Neither of us have mentioned you personally...

I was just pointing it out that the people who do post in the NETG forum regularly like me for example don't only post there.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I strongly agree with the Welcome area. In the Introductions thread you always get someone saying hello only to be interrupted by a member who thinks they know it all trying to make the conversation about them. If we have a Welcome sub-forum rather than just a thread then it would be a lot easier and would make new members feel more at home and also give them an early thread making experience.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
i agree that the main page is messy (particularly general)

it put me off reading anything except the battrick part for a long time, then i found NETG, particularly the superthread which was a good way to get used to the forum and get to know members,

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
If any amount of members, may it be 5 or 500 , are the only people posting in the NETG then it should be kept as they are enjoying themselves. Also if some people post in the NETG bit then they may decide to venge forth into the rest of the forum aswell.

On the Welcome area, i also strongly agree as sometimes it can me quite intimidating for the reason Evo^^^ posted.

Animator!

School Cricketer
On the general chat bit. I just feel that there is too many sections inside it. Computers & Forums for the web can just be amalgamated into an Off Topic forums. Obviously the Fantasy sports & Sport discussion would stay seperate from Off topic.

There are also certain people who absolutely live in the Milestonen Thread. Just point out how many posts other people have to Milestones. Surely that point of that thread is for people to post it once every 1000 posts saying, -So Many posts- not having people pointing out who needs how many to reach whatever.

Also, Surely the Text Speak thread is a little hypocritical, if one of the rules of this forums, is no text talk, then that thread should be outlawed by the rules, not too mention it's spambility.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread