A Levels

Highlander999

ICC President
I know there is an education thread but i thought it was too broad.

Is there anyone out there who is or has done A levels. How did they cope with the work as I am really struggling and I have only been back 2 weeks. Also how much revision were you doing before the AS Modules in January. Just wondering so I can have a rough idea, and compare with friends

Well i will be doing my A Levels next year. Not sure what to take yet, but am sure to do Media and Business Studies.

i did A-levels in Mathematics, philosophy and further philosophy back in the day befour all this as-level crap so i cant really say anything about reviseing for those exams, but you dont really need to compare what your doing to other people, its totally individual and you will know when youve done enougth revision when you fall asleep at your desk lol

Well you don't need to do that much, come on. As long as you pace revision, i think you will be fine.

I took my A levels a long time ago, but the one piece of advice I can give you guys is for God's sake don't let the coursework pile up! Organise your study so this doesn't happen, otherwise the pressure can become unbearable. When you get a piece, don't leave it for ages, make a start as soon as possible.

Good luck!

I'm auditioning for Drama school again soon, so I'll need all the luck I can get as well!!

Good Luck MB...what is your career at the moment and what is your aim?

At the moment, I'm doing part-time jobs and acting/singing whenever they come up. I'm going to have another go at getting some proper training before I get too old to go though! My ideal aim is to get enough performing work to live on and be reasonably financially secure. I'm not bothered about fame, if it comes my way great, but I just want to earn my living by acting/singing!

Thanks for your reply! :)

Bahhh A Levels :p BTEC's are the way to go ;)

The way to go is Build a future, all the school dropouts go there :p

At the moment, I'm doing part-time jobs and acting/singing whenever they come up. I'm going to have another go at getting some proper training before I get too old to go though! My ideal aim is to get enough performing work to live on and be reasonably financially secure. I'm not bothered about fame, if it comes my way great, but I just want to earn my living by acting/singing!

Thanks for your reply! :)

You're not the man from the Chicken factory are you?

Nope, his name is Bernard Matthews!

To Lancashire666, Nah, i dont like Y.Singh :p I like Dimi!

You're not the man from the Chicken factory are you?

What, that moron from the X-Factor?? No, I don't believe in shows like the X-Factor, it seems to me that they just build false hopes (or destroy them)! I'm a very competent singer, I've sung solo at the London Palladium in front of 2,000 people!
I'm a trained actor/singer, but it's just so hard to get anywhere when going up against the majority of people who've been to drama school. So, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread