A LITTLE BIT OF QUIZZIE !!

I

indyan

Yes.I am thinking about him and bharat_88 also meant him.
Neville Cardus wouldn't be writng about a player from the early 90s!
You know what I meant.Didn't you?Any way I am editing my message. :P

I

indyan

Yea.I think that's the answer most of us are predicting.Hence, I don't think there is any point in waiting any longer.Most probably you won't get any other answers.Then why don't you disclose the answer(if there is any). :OOO:

I

imported_fuser

Well guys - First of all I'm xtremely Sorry - couldn't post the answer earlier - had some imp work. But here I am now - and plz don't start "abusing n cursing" me after reading the answer.

But before that - Mr.Admin read the following sentence very carefully : "First of all let me tell u that this question can only be answered and understood by the Indian guys or maybe (to an extent) by our sub-continent friends."

So without wasting ne more time - here's the answer -

Bhuvan who captained India in the historic match at Champaneer.

:bow: :blink: :lol: :blink: :lol: :blink: :lol:

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bhuvan? A search on cricinfo reveals no-one by that name who has played Test, ODIs or ICC Trophy matches or Women's Tests and ODIs.

Sure you've spelt it right?

A

Admin

I think Hemant means the protagonist of Lagaan Once upon a time in India, actor Aamir Khan ?

Nice film though a bit melodramatic at times :)

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Ahh right..... so it was a trick question. I didn't realise we were dealiing with fantasy land.

But if my memory serves me correctly, that particular character wasn't dismissed in that film, so he can't have an average :D

SumoNYR88

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Dec 23 2003, 04:13 AM
Ahh right..... so it was a trick question. I didn't realise we were dealiing with fantasy land.

But if my memory serves me correctly, that particular character wasn't dismissed in that film, so he can't have an average :D
Good one! :D He got caught off the last ball, but it was a 6...so he was not out = no average :P

N

Nirav85

acutally guys lagaan is ature story and bhuvan is a rela person...i will tell me friend to find me scorecard..that was an actual game..my friend told(he is die hard indian fan) that the city s famous for that...and that spin bowler int he moving is actually Chandershkaer or something like that...but the ending i dont think is real...but Bhuvan was a real player...and the spinner was too they just changed his name in the movie...

i am not joking...it is a true story...i will try and find a score card

I

imported_fuser

;) Well Andrew u got me this time. Bhuvan was not out so there was no average. This was meant to be a trick ques - which actually played a trick on me. But neways - it kept most of us wondering - who the player is - or if Hemant's of his top!!

PS - I'm back after a loooong time as I was busy with Christmas and a biiiiiiiig family. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread