A1 Grand Prix

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So,not too bad from SA.Good job by Simpson,a little cautious,but well done.Great job by New Zealand and Australia though.The qualifying was a little confusing to follow,but I'm sure as the series grows,things like live timing,etc will be brought in,but otherwise its a great concept.Well done to Piquet and Brazil,great driving!

I can't wait for tomorrow,A1 gp races,Brazilian GP,then some Indy Racing.A great motorsport weekend!

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Personally I feel that the first race should have been driven by Gavin Cronje (only because I know him, lol) I think Simpson could have done better, but considering we have Germany infornt of us :rolleyes: NZ really surprised me! So did Will Power!
The one lap system is very confusing, and the lack of timing is horrible to have to listen the commentators after each lap is completed! Anyway I think that the series has great potential!

The main thing about Indy is we will see how easily and Indy car can turn :) Watkins Glen is gonna be one hell of a race :D

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
What a great series this is going to be!The races were great,with all the action.From a South African point of view,the first race was really dissapointing with Simpson damaging his car,but a great comeback drive.He had a good fight with Verstappen and Yoong,both experienced F1 drivers.Well done in the pits by the SA mechanics too.Great job by New Zealand and Australia again,but it looks like Piquet is going to be hard to beat.

Now to get ready for the GP,GO Kimi and Juan!Beat that arrogant @#!@# Renault team.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Piquet won't be hard to beat, since so far no-one is capable of beating him, lol!

The thing about Simpson is that he has been drving saloon cars of late, and those have brakelights. So hopefully after driving into the back of Verstappen, he has managed to no longer rely on brake lights, and got his judgement right. I hope also that Gavin Cronje will take part in the next race. Tough luck on the Brits with Robbie Kerrs' unfortunate retirement.

danny2502

School Cricketer
After reading About A1 in the paper i have come to a conclusion that A1 is a joke it was dominated by 1 person same as F1 funnily enough and the names of the drivers will power, scott speed how do you expect me to take it seriously with stupid names like that before we know it Joe King & Adam Acceleration will be racing no wonder it's on sky sports 3 it is a complete and utter joke

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
A joke hey?Well,you don't see me laughing and how do you know it will be dominated?We've only had one race for f#@k sakes!

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
:rolleyes: Your view of 'domination'....its very interesting, considering that Nelson Piquet Jr is one of the best young drivers in the world today. The way that you tease people over their names, I find quite amusing, considering that Scott Speed is currently a test driver for Red Bull Racing, hardly a joke. The same goes to Will Power who has had various success in European racing. I wouldn't go around making very stupid assumptions if I was you.

danny2502

School Cricketer
I wouldn't go around making very stupid assumptions if I was you.

i'll do what i like my south african friend if people want to call themselves scott speed or will power than frankly they deserve to be teased and another thing why is A1 so determined to kill people somebody will die bye the end of the A1 season because they care more about fans entertainment they driver safety someobyd nearly got killed at brans hatch and it could been alot worse if a wheel came off and went into the crowd they only time they don't care about fans entertainment is when it comes to money hense why it has gone to sky sports where an amzing 3 people acahly wacthed it, that's 4 more people than that watch live football

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Who was almost killed? the Lebaneese driver? Well, I sure as hell know that he got out of the car under his own steam, and walked to the medical tent on his own. If you watched the F1 at Brazil, you would have noticed that DC got his tyre removed from the rim, now you can't tell me that, that is not dangerous.

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
And just to add to that,how can you read an article and then all of a sudden "assume"it's a joke.Maybe you should watch it first,then decide.And F1 is no longer dominated by one person.

danny2502

School Cricketer
Maybe you should watch it first,then decide

i would like to watch it but as i keep on saying it's on sky sports and i don't have it cos i'm not a millionaire

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
danny2502 said:
i'll do what i like my south african friend if people want to call themselves scott speed or will power than frankly they deserve to be teased and another thing why is A1 so determined to kill people somebody will die bye the end of the A1 season because they care more about fans entertainment they driver safety someobyd nearly got killed at brans hatch and it could been alot worse if a wheel came off and went into the crowd they only time they don't care about fans entertainment is when it comes to money hense why it has gone to sky sports where an amzing 3 people acahly wacthed it, that's 4 more people than that watch live football
If you are talking about the car which rolled, it actually shows that the cars are safe. Nobody was hurt.
If you are going to have an open wheeled racing formula cars are going to touch and be flipped, this has happend many times in F1 and every other open wheeled formula ever created! (Anyone remember Brundle in Aus?? His car snapped in half).
As for making fun at the drivers names, are you saying that if a driver has a funny name he should be excluded from competing, thats about the most rediculious argument I have ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread