ABC talk back radio views on greatest player

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
lol that stat points out how difficult it is to set Australia a big target more than anything.

In spite of having lost only 23 matches in the past 4 years, out of these 15, Australia have lost 8. That really makes the whole team a bunch of chokers. What an overrated lot they are.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
angryangy said:
lol that stat points out how difficult it is to set Australia a big target more than anything.

In spite of having lost only 23 matches in the past 4 years, out of these 15, Australia have lost 8. That really makes the whole team a bunch of chokers. What an overrated lot they are.
Maybe its the lack of sleep, but your post didn't make much sense to me. If Australia lost 23 matches, then how did they lose 8 out of 15? Unless you are saying that the 8 out of 15 stat is what they've had to chase over 240. In which case I don't understand your sarcasm since I wasn't questioning Australia's ability to chase down totals over 240 but Ponting's ability to make big runs in such a scenario.

I'm sure people will give me reasons that aren't accounted for in that list, but it seems to me that Ponting fails to make important contributions when his team is chasing big totals. Of course this doesn't he isn't a good batsman, just means he isn't great, IMO.

EDIT: My 1300th post :D.

zreh

Club Cricketer
Tendulkar is the greatest batsman of all time. PERIOD.

right now though, Dravid is the best, most reliable. He has all the shots in the book, a rock solid defence, and is a good captain. Ricky Ponting like people say, is too "edgy" you never really know what kind of innings hes going to produce.

in the near future, look for Sehwag to to be the most dominant. I strongly believe this guy can change the outcome of a match by himself. He's just got to convert those starts he's getting.

kodos

International Coach
This thread is getting ridiculous as everyone have their own opinion of who is the greatest batsman. Some will say Tendulkar while the 3 Aussie supporters will say it is Ponting. All great batsman's have at least 1 or 2 weaknesses but have many strengths. It is still quite difficult to decide who is the best until the likes of Tendulkar, Ponting and Lara all finish their careers.

And those Aussies who say Kallis plays monotonous cricket and plays for his average, then take a look at Hayden. Hayden recently barely even reaches a strike rate of 40-50 and bats very slowly.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
kodos said:
This thread is getting ridiculous as everyone have their own opinion of who is the greatest batsman. Some will say Tendulkar while the 3 Aussie supporters will say it is Ponting. All great batsman's have at least 1 or 2 weaknesses but have many strengths. It is still quite difficult to decide who is the best until the likes of Tendulkar, Ponting and Lara all finish their careers.

And those Aussies who say Kallis plays monotonous cricket and plays for his average, then take a look at Hayden. Hayden recently barely even reaches a strike rate of 40-50 and bats very slowly.

I said Tendulker is the best :)

Hayden is not trying to protect his average, he is trying to save his test career, there is a difference. Plus Hayden opens, there are many ways to open batting, when your in poor form you let the other guy get the runs and you be the support, thats all Hayden has been doing. But look at him now in the current test, he is the only batsman sticking around at the moment, and he is starting to hit it well.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
zreh said:
Tendulkar is the greatest batsman of all time. PERIOD.

right now though, Dravid is the best, most reliable. He has all the shots in the book, a rock solid defence, and is a good captain. Ricky Ponting like people say, is too "edgy" you never really know what kind of innings hes going to produce.

in the near future, look for Sehwag to to be the most dominant. I strongly believe this guy can change the outcome of a match by himself. He's just got to convert those starts he's getting.
Hahaha, all those players you mentiond are Indian. Ever watched other countries play??

This thread is stupid....

kodos

International Coach
.::Stevo::. said:
Hahaha, all those players you mentiond are Indian. Ever watched other countries play??

This thread is stupid....

It is just like all the Aussies saying Ricky Ponting is the best in the world. This thread is stupid now as everyone will have different opinions.

langerrox

International Coach
too many biast comments:p from myself etc, im going to close this thread... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread