AC13 in the press - check here before posting articles

chickiboy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's OK, don't really need to have it mentioned next to Ashes - people get confused easily.

Never ever in the history of Games has such an overwhelming negative response been received for a Game.. I think its doomsday for 505 & Trickstar.

Ross time to catch up and get a release date. All major gaming review websites will provide a A+ rating and you have the entire cricketing world buying DBC..

mattk

Club Captain
All major gaming review websites will provide a A+ rating

I doubt it. Big Ant's sport games tend to score poorly and that trend will probably continue to DBC 14. I don't think there would be much of a correlation between review scores and sales for titles such as Cricket anyway.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Which is conspicuously absent from Kotaku Australia - I even sent them though a tip about it before it was pulled, including a gif!

My favourite has to be a Japanese site picking it up - the only article so far I've seen that also explains the concept of cricket and the Ashes to readers first.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is awesome - do they do a better job on the rules than Ashes 2013 the officially official Game?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
''Why does the ball disappear when it passes the stumps?''

''Its a GHOOOOOOOSSTTT!!''

:lol

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Didn't disappoint. Shame they didn't get the backwards bowling bug, but close enough.

D

Deleted member 9102

It should work for you coz there's no way AC13 can be released on consoles after such a huge public backlash.
Yeah, I think AC13 not coming to consoles is a great result for DBC14 and the future of cricket gaming in general.

Generally, a large proportion of people go for the games that have official names/licenses rather than those with the most care and attention put into the gameplay. FIFA sells more than PES (tho PES 2014 is terrible), Top Spin sells more than Tennis Elbow etc...

With DBC being the only option now, they're going to make more profits which they can hopefully invest into developing the series into the future (if it is planned to become a series not just a one-off).

As we all know, competition is unlikely for such a niche product as a cricket game (in the UK/Europe/Americas anyway), but one studio with talented staff and a clear vision can produce quality games. Hopefully Big Ant can deliver :).

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Which is conspicuously absent from Kotaku Australia - I even sent them though a tip about it before it was pulled, including a gif!

My favourite has to be a Japanese site picking it up - the only article so far I've seen that also explains the concept of cricket and the Ashes to readers first.

The Japanese now believe that the Ashes have "been held every year since the 1980s" and "I can understand well that the "Ashes Cricket 2013" is far removed from the real cricket". Brilliant.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
OH man... that is PERFECT.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
It's made it to the front page of r/games and r/cricket on Reddit again. I'm actually a bit surprised it is getting picked up this much

Users who are viewing this thread