AC13 in the press - check here before posting articles

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Wow a full blog by cricinfo. Impressive. Ashes cricket has boldly gone where no game has gone before.

graham

Club Captain
Videogamer uk podcast, 51mins in have a good laugh
At ashes 13 and just how shocking it is ..
Ashes 13 put cricket games back for years ..

graham

Club Captain
IGN Uk podcast 21 minutes in for two minutes
Of slagging of the ashes games .
Well done trickstar????

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So, I thought I would share this again, a blast from the past. This is the same newspaper with the front page "Howzat? It's Crap" last week. This featured as a 3/4 double spread.

Matt Sun wrote the headline "An advance on previous versions, Ashes 2013 is a refined and polished game - just like Cricket."

attachment.php

PS: Below the review was a very disparaging review of our RLL2 DLC also by Matt Sun, I guess that was pure "coincidence"... hang your head in shame mate, I really hope they paid you a lot... credibility < zero!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 156

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
^What a load of utter tripe.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^What a load of utter tripe.

and this is why there are very few reviews in the commercial realm that can be trusted. This should have been titled "Paid Advertisement", the further running down of another of our products, RLL2 DLC, on the same page is more sinister - it's one thing to pay for a nice review but can you really pay for a "journalist" to deride a competitor's product - hell yeah!

grkrama

National Board President
Rugby League Live 2 Review - IGN

See the difference between the review and the comment section,diff like night and day:thumbs

Also one point i dont get is they almost never say commentary gets repetitive in FIFA ,but say so for every other sports title and mark it down,as far as i have experienced commentary is repetitive and sometimes is even absurd in fifa, like in every sports game as its nt physically possible with current tech to record dynamic commentary according to situation,heck not even skyrim can get rid of repetitiveness in sound department, then why mark down a few games alone.

Last edited:

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So, I thought I would share this again, a blast from the past. This is the same newspaper with the front page "Howzat? It's Crap" last week. This featured as a 3/4 double spread.

Matt Sun wrote the headline "An advance on previous versions, Ashes 2013 is a refined and polished game - just like Cricket."

attachment.php

PS: Below the review was a very disparaging review of our RLL2 DLC also by Matt Sun, I guess that was pure "coincidence"... hang your head in shame mate, I really hope they paid you a lot... credibility < zero!

Wowzers, that is horrendous.

Also very dangerous that a "journalist" is doing this kinda stuff. But I agree, I never take much notice of reviews from these commercial sites/publications. Much prefer to look at the opinion of people like Matt whose only vested interest is giving the community honest opinions of what they have seen.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
People who aren't from Melbourne should realise that mx is the free newspaper handed out on trains. It is amateur stuff. The only highlight is the stalker section where you text in about hot girls and guys you saw on the train and want to bunk.

ps: hi Chief :wave

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
People who aren't from Melbourne should realise that mx is the free newspaper handed out on trains. It is amateur stuff. The only highlight is the stalker section where you text in about hot girls and guys you saw on the train and want to bunk.

ps: hi Chief :wave

Non-sequitur right?

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Non-sequitur right?

"To the white-haired man with glasses catching the train from Bourke Street with a big bag with a dollar sign on it, a collection of hard-drives and a bucket of chicken, I'd like to see all of you AND MORE, preferably in early September."

Users who are viewing this thread