MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Ok Mr Grumpy, it is disappointing but it's not the most disappointing thing in games globally for 2013.
The whole event is disappointing, Ashes and it's impact on the genre - the far better game not being released last year because Ashes screwed the market is disappointing.

I just don't like the gut reaction for people to start pestering editors/sites that say even the slightest thing negative, especially when I'd never heard of the website before.

grkrama

National Board President
No the reason i stirred it up matt was because ,even that unknown site will have some loyal traffic... it may have a chance to cost a sale or two, atleast in short term, why leave it unnoticed while you can do something about it, something as simple as putting in a comment to let the author know he has got his facts wrong.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Did you get this too MattW? Looks like no refund for our "recent purchase", store credit, I'll be keeping this treasure it seems :)

Valued Steam customer,

We see you've recently purchased "Ashes Cricket 2013" on Steam. A number of our customers have expressed dissatisfaction with this title, so in partnership with its publisher, 505 Games, we're extending you the opportunity to return the game for store credit.

This offer is available through 21 February, 2014. To accept this offer, please visit your Account Details page, where you'll find a history of your transactions with us. Here you can opt to step through the return process which will credit your Steam Wallet. Note: if you accept this offer, Ashes Cricket 2013 will no longer be playable using your account, and the game may not be repurchased via Steam. If you'd like to continue playing the game, you may of course do so by ignoring this offer.

Thanks,

The Steam Support Team
Welcome to Steam

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Did you get this too MattW? Looks like no refund for our "recent purchase", store credit, I'll be keeping this treasure it seems
Yeah, just got it today. Finally.

Really, this just goes to show they had this ability all along to just get Steam to contact us directly and pro-actively months ago.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Agreed.

Like I said, keeping my collectors item as I can't get the cash back as promised.

They will owe me $20 forever.

D

Deleted member 9102

I'm sure you could put $20 to good use on Steam, although having this piece of history on your computer might be worth that price alone :D.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have also received the email. Will check out Steam later on.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah, logged in to check and there's a link under the game for a refund, so presumably clicking that makes money.

GZpQ8zf.png

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Do it. I want to be the only one with a legitimate copy :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I haven't seen anything that interests me in the Steam store...

If you can confirm Table Top Cricket for Steam I'd click that link.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Do it. I want to be the only one with a legitimate copy
There are probably a few kids who bought it because it was a cricket game but don't know about the refund.

But if DBC14 fails (god forbid) you could sell your historical artifact in a few years and make millions.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Age of Empires 2 HD is ?16 in the UK steam store, which is ?4 than AC13 ever was and much better. I know that it probably costs $eleventybillion in Australia, but its a very fun game that I sank years into as a kid, and can still today...

Alternatively, football manager 14 is also a v. fun game, only much more expensive

Users who are viewing this thread