Advice required from any South Africans.

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

Work is sending me to Nelspruit for a couple of weeks. I am flying from London on Tuesday night. Can anyone suggest a good place to watch any of the 1-day internationals that will be played while I am there? I do not have access to transport so cannot go too far out of the town.

Also, do you know if there is likely to be anywhere showing any of the 6 nations rugby games? I don't know how popular the northern hemisphere game is there, (not very I would imagine). As far as I know, the BBC - terrestrial TV - has the rights for the UK and it will not be on SKY sports. I don't know if there is a seperate feed for that sort of thing outside the host broadcaster's country. I remember watching a GP in Nelspruit last year that had the ITV - another UK TV company - feed. Very odd listening to the same commentators!

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated,

John.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Well you can watch the six nations on DSTV Supersport.

Considering you are in Nelspruit I would suggest going to watch at Centurion, Wanderers or even Goodyear Park this all depending on when you will be here and how available transport is of course.

FishBowlMan

Club Cricketer
Maxkarter said:
Well you can watch the six nations on DSTV Supersport.

Considering you are in Nelspruit I would suggest going to watch at Centurion, Wanderers or even Goodyear Park this all depending on when you will be here and how available transport is of course.

Thanks Max. Good to hear I can keep up with the rugby.

Will see if I can slip away to one of the grounds for a day. Maybe grab an internal flight. I think there's an airport closeish to Nelspruit.

Users who are viewing this thread