AFL 2006

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
.::Stevo::. said:
NRL basically isnt growing at all to be honest. Its a shame, the only thing i like about NRL is your "footy" show (why the hell do they call it footy?)

Cause Australia is wide minded unlike the Europeans who only think its soccer.

As I said in the NRL thread, the Storm have a lot of talent. I can't remember if they are from Melbourne, probably not but still they have a good team.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
aussie1st said:
Cause Australia is wide minded unlike the Europeans who only think its soccer.

As I said in the NRL thread, the Storm have a lot of talent. I can't remember if they are from Melbourne, probably not but still they have a good team.

What? Wide minded? Throw the ball 99% of the time yet call it footy? i dont get it! sorry!

Personally i dont have a clue about the 'storm'. But all i know is probaly most of the team isnt even from Victoria!

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
all of the storm players come from QLD and NSW.

yeh teh NRL Footy SHow is way better than the AFL version but thats as far as it goes :p

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Lol, the AFL show is pathetic. Footy Show actually have a little fun with stuff and know quite a lot about the sport.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
yeh the AFL version is pretty crappy...Sam Newman is the only reason i occassionally watch it...hes a crack up :)

but other than him the rest suck

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
sachin said:
Look,sammy is good,the rest aren't great.But i really hate the NRL footy show! They look like neckless apes!

well theyre all ex-NRL players...what do u expect? LOL

James219

International Cricketer
Well there aren't too many in the NRL thread, either! :p
I agree with earlier posts, NRL is a stagnate sport and doesn't look like growing in the future beyond the NSW/QLD border. AFL is coming along over here, boosted by the recent success of Sydney in 2005, but I don't think it'll grow 'rapidly'- not in the near future anyway.
The NRL Footy Show is half decent, although I haven't seen it in a while.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The NRL footy show is good for a laugh and you gotta love the lady luck chicks they have had on. Natalie Gruzlewski and now Amanda Flynn.
The only thing that looked good with the AFL footy show was Eddie McGuire as he is quite funny on who wants to be a millionaire. But from what I saw he was all serious on the AFL show.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Someone here seems to love girls. ;)

AFL show is so boring. It's so hard to stay awake!

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
It's 'getting' better with the new format. But even though i dont follow NRL, for some reason i always enjoy watching the NRL footy show, its a good laugh!!

HopaWhitey

Club Cricketer
NRL Footy Show is Class.
AFL one isnt as good as it was.
Carlton is my team and they arent doing very well. Marc Murphy is promising though.
I suppose all teams go through good periods and bad periods. Blues are just currently in the worst period of their history.

Users who are viewing this thread