AFL Premiership Edition 2006

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AFL Premiership 2006

Has anyone in Aus got this game on any Platform and wants to discuss it? We all know how pathetic 2005 was:

-Poor Generic Faces (had no relevance to player)
-Little or No stats
-Poor AI (Game was just Tooooo Easy)
-Crappy camera Angles....
I could make a list that could last 2 pages long but I won't.

Anyways, with the release of 2006 last year, I was hesitant to buy it, but Ive givin' in knowing the Footy season is only just around the corner.

AFL games in the past have been produced very poorly and have had bad reviews from Sport Gamers. But 2006 has been an improvement, with new Training modes, better graphics and the Gameplay basically scrapped and revamped (Take Note EA!;)).

Use this thread to discuss your AFL gaming experiences, with any of the previous games and the current one - AFL Premiership 2006.​
:cheers :cheers :cheers

Attachments

• Afl_2006.JPG
    Afl_2006.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 50
  • bgrh.jpg
    bgrh.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Roofrom50

International Coach
Havent even been bothered to have a look at it. 2005 was enough for me, just took me off footy games, 05 was crap and 2006 will be no better.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I have always been interested in how well AFL works as a computer game, never actually tried one, I saw the 2005 version in a $9.95 pile and didn't bother getting it.
I think I'll stick to Cricket and Golf games for now.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Well, to tell you the truth thats how I got my AFL 2004 game aswell, from a $10 bin Haha! But Im gonna hope that 2006 is an improved game

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
I own AFL Live 2004 and AFL Live 2005, however I didn't purchase the 2006 edition because I don't have a PS2. I wished it was released for the XBox, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. There is a big XBox following for Australian rules football (see xboxworld.com.au forums) so it seems many people were disappointed in the fact they couldn't get the game. Hopefully we see a future AFL game appear on the 360 or PC.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
What!!! Not on the XBox?! Thats pretty crap, well PS2 have always had the better games anyway;)

Roofrom50

International Coach
I havent puchased 06 or 05 because i have heard they are pretty crap. i have only 04, 03 and Premiership Edition, which i rekon is the best one out of all of them

etho11

International Cricketer
I have premiership edition and i believe it is the best aswell.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
It was the best considering the time it came out, but the rosters are VERY outdated so I cant play that one anymore. I have played '06 and I must say, it looks better but the gameplay is still robotic.

Roofrom50

International Coach
Well all we can hope for is 07 to blow 05 and 06 out of the waters, and make it actually look like a AFL game :p

Hooper

ICC Board Member
But Like cricket games, AFL seems to be a hard sport to make the look and gameplay look good realistic.

Roofrom50

International Coach
True, but if anyway they can make it look better then 05, then they have done a good job :p :rolleyes:

etho11

International Cricketer
Cool i can't wait i will try and get some more info on the game.

Users who are viewing this thread