Aggresion System

cookiekid08

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I struggle to ever get my batsmen aggresion right so has anyone got a good system for good scores any help is really appreciated!

In 20-20, i find it best to use 7 aggression bars. If i lose two quick wickets, ill normal put both batsmen down to 6 notches for an over or two. When either batsmen reaches 3 confidence bars ill put them both back to 7. If i have plenty of wickets to spare ill put aggression up to full for the last couple of overs. Although, this seems to cause players to play and miss a lot so keeping it on 7 might be better.

In tests, if its a great track, start on two aggression bars until you have 3 confidence bars, then move up to normal or aggressive depending on the batsmen or how you want to pace your innings. Drop aggression a little to 2 bar defensive once a batsmen begins to get tired. If a bowler is taking lots of wickets, or is high class play defensive off him, and attack the weaker bowlers a little more.

If the track is bad, or the conditions are very cloudy play defensive till the weather clears up, or you batsmen become very settled, like 5 or 6 confidence bars. Either way if the track is dodgy trying to force the pace too much could cause a collapse.

This is what i use, it may not be the best but its working pretty well for me. ;)

COUNTY
In first class games in normal to good conditions, start batsman on 2 bars until 4 settled/above 20 runs then move to 3 bars, i never go above 3 bars in county games unless drastic run chase or trying to get batting points.
In bad conditions bat on 1 bar aggression until 4 settled then stay on 2 bars until conditions improve. These tactics usually get me 350 +.

ONE DAY
Every batsmen starts on 2 bars for about 4 overs to get in, then i move to 4 bars until the 25 over point then go to 5 bars until the last ten overs, then go 6 bars.

Hope this helps, these have worked well with my Notts squad so far, im struggling with bowling aggression at the moment so any tips would be appreciated.

thanks mate:) to both of you

cookiekid08 added 4 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

sorry bridger i never change the bowling things apart from changing it to the opposite of the batting preferences.

I use the similar strategy to gas for T20 matches. ODIs I start the openers on 4-5 when batting first. I try to get a good start so the middle order can come in and take their time. New batsmen usually start on 3 bars and I move them up based on settledness and match situation. ODI strategy is probably the most difficult to master, since you have to change strategy often based on the situation. When batting 2nd I start 3 bars if it is 4.5/o or less. If its 5+ i will usually start with 5 bars, but scale back if I lose 2+ wickets. I find that keeping wickets in hand when chasing really helps, as long as you keep the required RR below 6.

allot of it is based on the situation. but generally in tests of FC games i start with 2 or 3 then stay at 3 unless the situation requires more agression. in ODIs i start with 5 bars and change it depending on the number of wickets i have left, runrate and how the person is batting.

for bowling agression i generally stick to 3 bars and then i use custom fields for bowlers in ODIs and in test i judge it on the situation.

In ODIs I start one bar short of being aggressive(normal) on batting tracks or 2 bars if the pitch is seamer friendly. I play that way for the first fifteen overs and attack with 4 or 5 bars in the 3rd powerplay. Then its back to normal for the next 8 overs and from then I play with the aggression at 7 bars for the rest of the match. If a collapse starts then I play normally till the 42nd over and then its again back to 7 bars aggression.

In ODIs I start one bar short of being aggressive(normal) on batting tracks or 2 bars if the pitch is seamer friendly. I play that way for the first fifteen overs and attack with 4 or 5 bars in the 3rd powerplay. Then its back to normal for the next 8 overs and from then I play with the aggression at 7 bars for the rest of the match. If a collapse starts then I play normally till the 42nd over and then its again back to 7 bars aggression.

I have tried that system and it never works for me. Are you referring to icc 2008 or 2006? I find that being aggressive from the start gets me the big scores.

ICC 2008. I used to play very aggressive from the start on previous versions but it does not work in this version.

ICC 2008. I used to play very aggressive from the start on previous versions but it does not work in this version.

yeah i no what you mean. in ODIs in icc 2002 i used to bat the whole way through with 1 bar off full agression i ended up gettin scores of about 450+ and bevan once got a triple century for me

In 20-20, i find it best to use 7 aggression bars. If i lose two quick wickets, ill normal put both batsmen down to 6 notches for an over or two. When either batsmen reaches 3 confidence bars ill put them both back to 7. If i have plenty of wickets to spare ill put aggression up to full for the last couple of overs. Although, this seems to cause players to play and miss a lot so keeping it on 7 might be better.

In tests, if its a great track, start on two aggression bars until you have 3 confidence bars, then move up to normal or aggressive depending on the batsmen or how you want to pace your innings. Drop aggression a little to 2 bar defensive once a batsmen begins to get tired. If a bowler is taking lots of wickets, or is high class play defensive off him, and attack the weaker bowlers a little more.

If the track is bad, or the conditions are very cloudy play defensive till the weather clears up, or you batsmen become very settled, like 5 or 6 confidence bars. Either way if the track is dodgy trying to force the pace too much could cause a collapse.

This is what i use, it may not be the best but its working pretty well for me. ;)

this helped me get a 219 1st wicket partnership. I'm using Somerset against Lancashire. Trescothick just got out at 101...Langer is still in there at 100.

In one day games i just bang em in on 5 bars and 3 on first class. Sometimes if Im going well ill put them straight up to one from full agression if im trying to make 300+

For ICC 08, one day matches, I had three bars for the first 5 overs, then 4 until over 10, then 5 until completely settled or over 20. 6 bars until over 35, then 7 until 45 and full aggression until end.

I was scoring 250 - 300 regularly as Bangladesh.

Users who are viewing this thread