AI editor

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi,

When Cricket 2002 was launched in 2001 some one in this forums said that he is going to make a AI patch. Right now there are many gamplay patches avaliable on various website , i was thinking if someone couls make a patch whicg allows as to choose various options for test & one days then this will be great !

also even after so much of hard work in making gamplay patches the AI of the CPU is still worse.

if you want to bowl out CPU in less than 10 runs in a 50 over match in hard level using any gameplay patch all you have to do is to bowl a slow delivery in the blockhole and lol the CPU will lose wickets like nuts! bloody shit!

Can any one make a patch where the CPU defence is rock solid both in ODI and test.

Here are my requirements :

1. Tight CPU defence both in ODI and test (Should not get out hitting slow delivery when bowled in blockhole)

2. Fair amount of edges to slips.

3. CPU should not loose wickets in first 15 overs to any kind of delivery. (I tested all patches and all of them don't support this)

4. CPU should score 200 plus in a 50 overs match in all pitch conditions. (This will give us a chance for chasing)

5. CPU should bowl with good line & lenght.

6. Provide a set stoke files which are real, if possible please add more power to the existing default stoke file.

Hope some one would look into my request , please provide your suggestion so that forums members could have a decent gameplay patch.

BUMBA

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: B) B) :mellow: :up: :P :o

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We could sort out the AI editor by using Windows installer which can come bundled with different settings like Zims settings, My Test & ODI settings, Vineet's settings et al. It might not be an editor but can do with an installation package which comes bundled with all the files needed and will install with a single mouse click. I can do this if others dont mind me packaging their setting files. Let me know if you guys would be keen, I will package my test batting and bowling settings shortly and upload it here.

As per your requests for other changes in the game, I will write below what I reckon is ideal :

1. Tight CPU defence both in ODI and test (Should not get out hitting slow delivery when bowled in blockhole)

This already has been done in the test patch and its not very easy to get the CPU out unless you are playing on a green/damp wicket(very limited testing been done on this one). ODI storke files also can be tweaked to get the CPU to either whack any kind of delivery on the blockhole(which is ideal) or sweep (which isnt a realistic option in my opinion).

2. Fair amount of edges to slips.

This also has been incorporated in the Test cricket patch and at times also falling short of slip/gully fielders :angry: .

3. CPU should not loose wickets in first 15 overs to any kind of delivery. (I tested all patches and all of them don't support this)

Honestly there should be an incentive for bowling and what better than getting a wicket or two in under 15 overs when CPU goes for its shots :up: . We can ensure it plays aggresively :o and at times smartly :wall: but still scoring at good run rate. It also can be ensured that to be realistic CPU should bat out 50 overs 90% of the times regardless of pitch type.

4. CPU should score 200 plus in a 50 overs match in all pitch conditions. (This will give us a chance for chasing)

I have answered this question above.

5. CPU should bowl with good line & lenght.

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how to get it to bowl better, probably someone might want to enlighten us all on this one.

6. Provide a set stoke files which are real, if possible please add more power to the existing default stoke file.

The issue with the stroke files is that the shots has to travel faster in ODI to ensure good flow of runs but should not score one too many in Tests. The only option for this issue is to use install package when batting/bowling in ODIs and Tests. Its a compromise but well worth it, lets see if others can add a bit more on this one and we should finally see some good mods in this direction.

Users who are viewing this thread