Akram finds Miandad's comments laughable

R

rasi

Originally posted by amir51@Jan 28 2004, 12:24 AM
well miandad said he didnt want to teach india how ot bat but how ot play revesre swing...and pretty much everybody on our team can do reverse swing(razzaq, akthar, sami)
Well, Akram himself had said that it would be the biggest joke in cricket if he were to teach the Indians play against reverse swing.

Courtesy: The Hindu.

N

Nirav85

yeah that is true...it is just miandad is looking out as this is a big series...plus we r a young team and reverse swing is our greatest weapon...u know what i mean...it is like taking tendulkar out of your team for the whole world cup...u can miss him in a couple games but u r going to need him for more...

D

deadduck

Originally posted by amir51@Jan 28 2004, 12:24 AM
...and pretty much everybody on our team can do reverse swing(razzaq, akthar, sami)
Watching the recent ODI series against NZ, it seems that only Shoaib Akhtar and Sami can reverse swing the ball.
Who cares anyway? NZ won the series 4-1 and none of our bowlers can even normally swing the ball. Reverse swing seems over-rated although I do admit it is potent in the right hands.

N

Nirav85

lets not forget woh lost in tests...of course u guys do good at home but when u came to us in 2002(which we probaly had the weaker team than now) and in 2003 we whitewashed back to back

plus razzaq can do it, i have seen him...

plus even though 3 of those 5 wins r against ban a win is a win, i bet guys will be saying the same thing when u play ban in may...remeber u guys didnt win the test series u drawed...so dont think u guys r the best

N

Nirav85

welcome to the message boards :lol:

sorry ricky before i use to take stuff about pak but now people r just stealing creid taway from them and focusing on that 4-1 odi lost...they forgot about the two test series wins and how e won before it so i decided it is time for me to fightback

R

ricky123

Originally posted by amir51@Jan 30 2004, 02:03 AM
welcome to the message boards :lol:

sorry ricky before i use to take stuff about pak but now people r just stealing creid taway from them and focusing on that 4-1 odi lost...they forgot about the two test series wins and how e won before it so i decided it is time for me to fightback
B) dont give so much importance to cricket that we loose some good friends in the forum,
after all it is only a game .
i am not saying this to u amir .it is for every one who reads it .

R

ricky123

Originally posted by amir51@Jan 28 2004, 07:00 PM
yeah that is true...it is just miandad is looking out as this is a big series...plus we r a young team and reverse swing is our greatest weapon...u know what i mean...it is like taking tendulkar out of your team for the whole world cup...u can miss him in a couple games but u r going to need him for more...
B) i dont think fast bowlers will be good in thisseries.

i think the pak team and thier coach r depending too much on reverse swing
what if they dont get wickets with the reverse swing .
i think spinners like saqlain or even mushtaq ahmed who played very well in england last year .can do some damage to the indian batting line up cuz they know most of the indian batsman ,and they have played with india before.

N

Nirav85

Originally posted by ricky123+Jan 30 2004, 05:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ricky123 @ Jan 30 2004, 05:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-amir51
@Jan 28 2004, 07:00 PM

i think spinners like saqlain or even mushtaq ahmed who played very well in england last year .can do some damage to the indian batting line up cuz they know most of the indian batsman ,and they have played with india before. [/b]
good point but not mushy...he didnt do well against SA and they were weak against kaneria and malik so how will he do agianst india, but saqy definetely...he has got 4 straight 5w hauls agianst india in india...he was man of the series in that test series they played

R

ricky123

Originally posted by amir51+Jan 30 2004, 07:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(amir51 @ Jan 30 2004, 07:25 AM)</div>
Originally posted by ricky123@Jan 30 2004, 05:35 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-amir51
@Jan 28 2004, 07:00 PM

i think spinners like saqlain or even mushtaq ahmed who played very well in england last year .can do some damage to the indian batting line up cuz they know most of the indian batsman ,and they have played with india before.
good point but not mushy...he didnt do well against SA and they were weak against kaneria and malik so how will he do agianst india, but saqy definetely...he has got 4 straight 5w hauls agianst india in india...he was man of the series in that test series they played [/b]
B) i always felt mushtaq ahmed was an under rated bowler ,who never enjoyed the support of the captains and the pcb.
if he was born in india he would have got the place o kumble.
lol india is a heaven for spinners .
like daniel vettori who was not even in the playing 11 in newzealand
but when they came to india he was their best bowler.

N

Nirav85

no mushy was very much adored..bakc in his prime like 1992 or 96...he was so adored he got trained by Abdul Qadir(one of the great leggies)

it is just, pak needs to rebuild a new team not the old one, mushy is old and the only reason he did well in england is because they dont have many leggies, so down there the leggies dominate...

R

ricky123

Originally posted by amir51@Jan 30 2004, 09:31 AM
no mushy was very much adored..bakc in his prime like 1992 or 96...he was so adored he got trained by Abdul Qadir(one of the great leggies)

it is just, pak needs to rebuild a new team not the old one, mushy is old and the only reason he did well in england is because they dont have many leggies, so down there the leggies dominate...
B) ur saying that pak is trying to build a new team

but the reports say that they will be calling latif and waqar back.
whats the use of firing people if ur always going to call them back

i remember in 1999 when pak lost the final to aus
sharifs men were behind the cricket team and they reported that all the players were drunk and were gambaling till 4 am in the morning of the match

i still remember i was in dubai that time there were no paid channels like pehela here .and doordarshan was showing that match .it was a waste of money for me cuz i went in the stadium to watch it .
that time too players were fired but they all came back.

the problem with the pcb is they have too much politics in cricket

A

ashwinkm

I think it is perfectly normal for wasim to assist akram. After all this whole ind- pak thing has been blown out of proportion due to politics . The players actually have great respect for each other and players from both sides assist each other all the time. I cant wait for the ind-pak series
I watched sachin in his first series in Pakistan and was scoffing the indian selectors for choosing this unknown 16 year old against waqar and wasim and qadir. I still remember the oneday that was converted into an exhibition match - when abdul qadir taunted sachin - and he proceed to slam him for 3 consecutive sixes - from that day onwards that young man impressed me so much that I became his fan forever!
I belive that was the last test series that we played in Paksitan, which is real pity because the world was deprived of some great cricketing action.

Just imagine , Zaheer and Irfan opening bowling for India and Shoiab and Sami for Pakistan - cant wait - hope the pitches are sporting though otherwise the series will be dull.

N

Nirav85

well we got sachin back with waqar bowling him for duck on his odi or test debut....moreover i hate latif...i hope they dont bring him back he is too old...and moin is a better leader and batsmen and wk....

Users who are viewing this thread