All Time Squads - for each country

Ryan

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've decided to make all time squads for each of the Test playing nations (maybe not Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, they have not been around long enough) which would be similar to the ones in Cricket 2002, but in Cricket 2002 I thought some of the selections were quite strange (i.e. Australia has Alderman in it, Neil Harvey's missing and Doug Walters is classified as a bowler). I've already made the Australian squad for BLC, but I'll like your comments on my selections before I release it. Have I missed someone?

AR Morris
WH Ponsford
ML Hayden
DG Bradman (capt)
RN Harvey
SJ McCabe
GS Chappell
AR Border
VT Trumper
KD Walters
KR Miller
+AC Gilchrist
+D Tallon
R Benaud
AK Davidson
RR Lindwall
DK Lillee
CV Grimmett
JR Thompson
GD McGrath

Next I'll make Indian and English All Time Teams.

Edited By Ryan on April 05 2002 at 21:09

Carter

School Cricketer
Shane Warne should be in it.

Ian Healy instead of Gilchrist (hey, Aussie Keeper of the century!).

Either Rod Marsh or Gilchrist in the other keeper's spot.

Mark Taylor in for Matt Hayden (need I say why?).

Maybe you should include some of the One-Day all time greats and make it a player pool (thingy) for BLC Edit so if we play a One-Dayer we can bring in the greats like Dean Jones, Simon O'Donnell, and even Boony.

Its impossible to pick a 19 that we all agree on, so can you include about 30 of the best so we can chop and change ourselves?

That would be so cool. You are a champion.

Ryan

School Cricketer
I'll have a think about it. As for the keeprs, I selected Gilchrist becuase of his batting - we all know what he is capable of but he is also Test standard keeper.

The other spot was out of Marsh, Healy and Tallon, and I selected Tallon because in my view, he is the best glovemen to play for Australia (his batting was a bit disapointing). Healy and Marsh were good but it was Tallon who was dubbed 'The Bradman of Keepers' by his teammates. Also Sir Don himself picked him in his All-Time side.

I think I'll leave the squad the same, but inculde a few extras players in a pool as you suggest, probably the likes of Taylor, Lawry, McCabe, M.Waugh, I.Chappell, Marsh, Healy, Warne, Jones, O'Reilly, Spofforth etc

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
you should have warne in the team --not in a player pool but in the main team.He is a quality bowler and has been named by wisden as one of the top 5 cricketers of the century.

Carter

School Cricketer
How about a couple of the one-day greats like Dean Jones and Simon O'Donnell?

Users who are viewing this thread