Almost feel like cheated.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@gogabutt, before taking a phrase out of my comment and starting the "all BS" movememt, try to read and "understand" what was my "request" to the developers. Kindly assess who, why and what parameters first. I couldn't hold myself up for a moment today true, but certainly things are not cool anymore. Neither with developers, nor here!

gogabutt

Club Captain
Max Walker, my whole point is the game developers are not bound by any law to fix bugs (which morally they should) or issue a refund if you are not satisfied with their product. They can simply take your money and run away. The way it works, you like the product, you buy again or you don't like the product, you don't buy again.

The DBC17 release is a good lesson learned for BigAnt if they decide to go with another DBC game in 2-3 years time frame. They should analyze why DBC 14 won the heart and mind of so many people of all ages despite of the limitations and ordinary graphics and why DBC17 is failed to live up to the expectations of many even with many new features.

Last edited:

ABHIII

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
images (22).jpg

First.Last

School Cricketer
Your post has literally nothing to do with what I said. At no point did I make reference to the state of the game, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by calling me out specifically. Im talking about PlanetCricket as a feedback mechanism - I'm not talking about the state of the game AT ALL.

I'll reiterate. You bought a game, nothing more. You're entitled to criticise the game (which I'm guessing is the tenuous link you're trying to make with your post) and Big Ant are entitled to ignore the incoherent, vitriolic shit that has been spewed for months about the game (which they're not, as we know from this thread). If you still feel that aggrieved, you're also entitled to not buy anymore Big Ant products.

Jeez, I wonder why they don't respond to insightful and meaningful feedback like this anymore...

I just wanted to see if you could actually respond to a point without empty rhetoric for once, youve made my point, cheers ;)

Also, not everything on these forums is "feedback", some of us just have regular assed conversations with one another...

First.Last

School Cricketer
Check Metacritic. There is definitely a herd mentality. Last I'll say on it.

As to "regression", that's up to the individual - many have said their favourite part of the game is bowling, then I just read that it's regression.

As to bugs, we'll fix them, always have, always will.

"nor does it say" that I need to read one mans drivel. Ignored.

Youve seriously ignored me for that lol? butthurt much? :P

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I just wanted to see if you could actually respond to a point without empty rhetoric for once, youve made my point, cheers ;)

Also, not everything on these forums is "feedback", some of us just have regular assed conversations with one another...

And what empty rhetoric would that be? The one where as a moderator on the site, we have to try and facilitate an environment that isn't completely toxic and void of any meaningful discussion? If you want to intentionally bait members with posts that aren't related to what they're discussing, then you're only exacerbating the issue.

I intentionally don't discuss the state of the game. Because of an exact situation like this, where a member will falsely imply an 'empty rhetoric' exists behind my posts.

First.Last

School Cricketer
And what empty rhetoric would that be? The one where as a moderator on the site, we have to try and facilitate an environment that isn't completely toxic and void of any meaningful discussion?

I intentionally don't discuss the state of the game. Because of an exact situation like this, where a member will falsely imply an 'empty rhetoric' exists behind my posts.

The empty rhetoric where you never actually engage with the content of peoples posts...

However now it all makes sense, i mistook your "intentionally not discussing the state of the game" and as such labelled your posts as "empty rhetoric"... this is my mistake and i apologise!

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
The empty rhetoric where you never actually engage with the content of peoples posts...

However now it all makes sense, i mistook your "intentionally not discussing the state of the game" and as such labelled your posts as "empty rhetoric"... this is my mistake and i apologise!

So you thought the best way for me to directly engage with your post, was to make it largely irrelevant to the post you quoted. Maybe focus on the quality of your own posts, instead of mine.

"Youve seriously ignored me for that lol? butthurt much? :P" - doesn't exactly help the situation does it?

Gunslinger

Club Cricketer
Looking forward to a few improvements that I hope patch 4 will bring. That being said, I don't feel cheated at all. I've played the everloving crap out of this game since release.:yes

First.Last

School Cricketer
So you thought the best way for me to directly engage with your post, was to make it largely irrelevant to the post you quoted. Maybe focus on the quality of your own posts, instead of mine.

"Youve seriously ignored me for that lol? butthurt much? :P" - doesn't exactly help the situation does it?

See there you go again... i apologise to you and your still being all high and mighty...

Also, you do realise your forum posts ARE full of empty rhetoric! Your refusal to discuss the state of the game proves this!

And he ignored me, what does it matter? I never said i was trying to help anyone!

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
And he ignored me, what does it matter? I never said i was trying to help anyone!

It matters because 'butthurt much?' is lazy posting that only contributes to the continued deterioration of post quality on here, and only supports the reasoning behind Big Ant lessening their immediate presence on the site

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The level of toxicity on here at the moment is better suited for Reddit or Gamefaqs than Planet Cricket.

First.Last

School Cricketer
It matters because 'butthurt much?' is lazy posting that only contributes to the continued deterioration of post quality on here, and only supports the reasoning behind Big Ant lessening their immediate presence on the site

So Ross ignoring me for making a statement about the quality of the game is justified you think?

The level of toxicity on here at the moment is better suited for Reddit or Gamefaqs than Planet Cricket.

As discussed elsewhere, the quality of the posts seems to have a direct relationship with the posters feelings about the game... if there were more happy customers, there would be less toxicity on the forums...

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
So Ross ignoring me for making a statement about the quality of the game is justified you think?

I don't care if it's justified or not. As a member on the forum, he's entitled to do so and isn't breaking any forum rules.

Users who are viewing this thread