An 8GB Template for those making bats in Cricket 2004

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Ok guys, there seem to be enough people out there who are making 8GB bats (i.e., 512*1024) for Cricket 2004 who might find this useful. I've also had a number of requests for this so here we go...
In the image below you will see a basic colour plan of how a C2K4 bat is textured.

Obviously, the Green panels are the back and front faces (from left to right respectively).

The Pink sections represent the toe of the bat which you can either fill with wood texture or with a different colour if you want to apply a toe-guard to the bat (as with many Kookaburra and Puma bats).

The blue panels represent any potential striping you may want to add to the bat. The reason I have added them here is to demonstrate that the texture co-ordinates for the front and back panels are off-set slightly in terms of vertical positioning. So, if you want to add stripes which join perfectly around the bat, use these blue panels as a guide to how far to off-set the stripes you make.

The brownish bits above the green panels I reccomend you leave alone as they represent the bit of the bat where the blade meets the handle but is below the bottom of the grip. These bits also demonstrate further the vertical off-set between the back face and the front face.

Above the brownish bits is the area which is for the very base of the handle. In this case it is an example of a coloured grip with black tape at the base. In addition to the strip below the handle in the texture, you also need to have the thin black sliver at the far left of the grip to complete the tape job. If you do not want the black tape, you should re-colour these strips to match the grip colour.

And in case you hadn't worked it out, the white areas represent empty/unused texture space.;)

I will post a Photoshop Document in due course for those who use Adobe Photoshop to make the bat-making process a bit easier. For the moment though, this should hopefully be of some help.

There is one thing which it is IMPERATIVE to bear in mind: The texture co-ordinates used for displaying the bats in the player editor and those used to display the bats in the game ARE DIFFERENT. This means the bats will look incorrect in the editor but I guarantee they will look perfect in the game.

If you have any questions or concerns or difficulties with the bat-making, just post them here and we can try and sort them out.

Attachments

• C2K4 Template.jpg
    C2K4 Template.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 366

Lucky

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Burma's Finest said:
Ok guys, there seem to be enough people out there who are making 8GB bats (i.e., 512*1024) for Cricket 2004 who might find this useful. I've also had a number of requests for this so here we go...
In the image below you will see a basic colour plan of how a C2K4 bat is textured.

Sorry, I understand...............

Last edited:

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Lucky said:
512*1204= 8GB Bats for 2004? Does that mean
1028*2048=16GB?!!??! :help
Look. I've explained this all before. It's all relative to the game's original resolution (i.e., 1GB). In this case, the original textures are 64*128. You do the maths. :rolleyes:

*EDIT: I've also posted this pic of Andrew Strauss's Power Bow which I created according to my template. It will hopefully illustrate any issues not explained in the text of my first post.

Attachments

• Illustration.jpg
    Illustration.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

Bala

International Coach
BF, If I say you are an absolute God in the bats, I aint exaggerating!:hpraise

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Here's a second version of the template for bats which don't have the black tape around the base of the grip. All you need to do is recolour the grip area to suit whichever bat you're making.:D

Attachments

• C2K4 Template 2.jpg
    C2K4 Template 2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 289

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I know this thread is quite old, but I am having a problem opening the template... When I open it it has these blue lines all over it.. :help

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 228

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Why would you want to turn them off? If you turn "snap" on you can resize you image to fit exactly easily, thats the point of the guides.

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
You do realise don't you Drewska that I couldn't have made the template without the guides in the first place? And I certainly couldn't make the bats accurately afterwards without using them. ;)

cnbd_novice

International Coach
how do you use this template? do u copy and paste it or is there some way to download it?

You can simply right click on to the template, and select "Save Picture/Image as" to save the template to your hard drive, and use it to your will. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread