harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Since umpiring seems to be a hot topic today, I wonder how it would be to have a game where the player can be the umpire of a match taking place between two computer opponents.

The view of the umpire can be a first person 3d view and it will be up to us to give decisions like no-balls, wides, caught behinds, LBWs etc. without the benefit of a replay.

Such a simulation can indeed be useful for training umpires online and further teaching people of the Laws of the game of cricket, similar to how flight simulators work.

Although such a simulator would need to be extremely realistic I'm sure there would be people who would love such a game.

Would it be technically possible? IS there a market for an Umpiring cricket game?

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
yeh great idea i like and u get a contract if u give poor decisions or cheat like u support pakistan or any other team and u keep giveing wrong decision u get sacked or fired same day. and there should be a third umpire but u give decision

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I like the idea of referrals also being adjudged by us...

In fact something could be worked out where you can automatically be the square leg umpire during run out situations...

Any programmers who are interested in considering this idea ;)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Highlander, yes. I can understand that. So in such a game there should be an auto-umpire feature for deliveries which don't require decisions to be made.

Kev, interesting game. i got only 4 out of 7 decisions right, but I kept misjudging the height of the bounce rather than the line. Certainly tricky I must say.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Suddenly umpires don't seem so incompetent hey :p

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Well in the next round I got 14 out of 17 right. :p

The Hawkeye technology is inaccurate in any case. I don't trust its judgement of height because it always over-estimates the bounce after pitching.

Hawkeye seems to emulate tennis ball bounce, when it is clear that cricket balls don't have a loopy bounce after pitching on the ground (tennis balls are filled with air, while cricket balls are solid)

Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Maybe just the highlights of the matches. Not every single ball. The ones that may be close to being out.

Also what about no-ball calls and then caught behinds and thin snicks... I believe such a game should also include decision making for caught behinds, run outs as well as LBWs and bat-pads.

I was thinking more along the lines of an "auto-umpire" feature which will be optional, and then we can also manually control umpiring whenever we want.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Seems like an awfully confusing, limited and repetitive game. Doesn't seem like the type of investment you'd make in a game.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Seems like an awfully confusing, limited and repetitive game. Doesn't seem like the type of investment you'd make in a game.

Could you explain in what way it would be confusing and limited?

Yes, I can understand it getting repetitive. But so is Cricket in general. You play ball-by-ball over 90 overs a day or 50 overs a side in a ODI game.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
These games prove what a lame idea it is, very boring after 5 minutes play. Wouldnt even consider buying an umpiring game.

Those games are just LBW appeals and far from my own idea of an umpiring game. They're not full version games.

My idea goes way beyond just giving decisions though...

What about a Umpire Career game? Where you start off in the club level and then work your way up to FC cricket and finally become an international umpire based on the performance?

Users who are viewing this thread