And you thought Cricket 2005 had bugs?

greencarrot2

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bug number 1:

On that little cutscene when the bowler is shouting at someone/soemthing after bowling a ball I pressed the run button by mistake and for some reason in the background you could see my batmen crossing and when the bowled was at the start of his run up I gained a run!

Bug number 2:
One of my batsmen on 45, I ran one run. The wicket keeped caught the throw and took the bails off. I was given out. From what I saw he was in by a mile. The replay also showed this. Proof:

Attachments

• wtfrunout.JPG
    wtfrunout.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 175

Billy Grimwood

School Cricketer
The only bug I've seen so far with my own eyes is that the "out/not out" icons on the third umpire decisions have swapped round for some reason.

Ledme

Club Cricketer
is that it? Where do you want me to start with Cricket 2005? If i had a spare few hours i could try and list them for you!

Kevin Pietersen

School Cricketer
can i also add one, the keeper had the ball in his hands and i accidently pressed the run button, my batsman ran and even though the ball had effectivly become dead i was run out

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Shailesh said:
how is it dead when you are attempting a run?
Exactly.

This would technically be out in real life, unless the umpire had called the end of the over or end of session.

The ball is only technically dead when it's back in the bowlers hand.

A batsman can be run out at any time under the laws, although it's a pretty unsporting team that does it.

Kevin Pietersen

School Cricketer
well what i am saying is when the ball is in the keepers hands most people who play/watch cricket will think its dead, i ran after the ball was in the keepers hands and got run out, its like if a batsman comes to talk with another batsman or flatten the pitch with his bat, the ball would have been dead and you wouldnt expect the fielding side to run the batsman out.

andrew_nixon said:
Exactly.

This would technically be out in real life, unless the umpire had called the end of the over or end of session.

The ball is only technically dead when it's back in the bowlers hand.

A batsman can be run out at any time under the laws, although it's a pretty unsporting team that does it.

yes ok in the laws of the game, but you never see it happening, its like a unwritten law imo

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Kevin Pietersen said:
yes ok in the laws of the game, but you never see it happening, its like a unwritten law imo
I agree, but it isn't technically a bug in the game if it isn't going against the actual laws.

T20

Panel of Selectors
well that's the point, since you were going for a run and not just to talk with another batsman/flatten the pitch cpu was right in running you out. it's clearly NOT a bug.

Kevin Pietersen

School Cricketer
yes but surely it should be as realistic as possible and because this isnt realistic it could be interpreted as a bug

also why can you not run on a LBW appeal, if its not out then you can get a leg bye

Lucky123

School Cricketer
What about when the batsmen run through each other while taking runs

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
Don't know if this is a bug or not, the ball physics don't seem to be accurate. Its like the ball is the weight of a bowling ball. It flies easily in the air, but doesn't really bounce. From any height, it literally just drops *plonk* and then rolls along the ground. Not seen the good bounce before a fielder.
Anyone seen proper ball bounce effect ?

Users who are viewing this thread