Andrew Symonds signs for Lancashire

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
He replaces Muralitharan, good signing for Lancashire. He will add a lot to their team also can bowl a bit of off spin to slightly off set the loss of Murali

Big_D

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lancashire need someone like Symonds to replace Flintoff in the batting line up whilst he is with England. They rely too heavily on the top 5 with ?all-rounders? at 6, 7.

I believe that Symonds had a fall out with the captain when he was with Kent last season, and was recently banned from 2 of Australia?s one day games against England for late night escapades. Is he likely to cause dressing room friction?

I'm looking forward to Friday when Lancashire play Sussex in the C&G Trophy (50 ovrs). Lancashire will have Flintoff and Symonds in the same side, should be a few runs there!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
There were a number of backroom problems at Kent last season, its a little unfair to blame Symonds for all of it.

ScobieB

Club Cricketer
Very interesting match up. Dont suppose I will get much chance to see it living over here in Oz. I suppose I'll have to make do with the Pura Cup.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Symonds is a great player. I hope he does for Lancashire, but I would rather see in him in the Test matches.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Lancashire now have Stuart Law; born in Australia but eligible for England, and Andrew Symonds; born in England, eligible for Australia.

Sureshot

Executive member
Symonds was born here?

I always thought he was off Aborigine descent. Oh well.

great player though, just wish he wouldn't look like something off of a park bench, you're a proffesional sportsman.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Good signing, but Murali would be better for Lancs in my opinion. The batting is already pretty decent! However I will be at Old Trafford in August to see the mighty Gloucestershire wipe the floor with the Lightning!!!! Ill be in the pavillion area in a gladiators shirt!!

squiz

International Coach
Sureshot said:
Symonds was born here?

I always thought he was off Aborigine descent. Oh well.

great player though, just wish he wouldn't look like something off of a park bench, you're a proffesional sportsman.
Is that meant to be offensive to Aboriginals or Symonds?

Sureshot

Executive member
Nope not meant to be offensive in anyway. He just looks a bit aboriginal.

No offence meant.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
andrew_nixon said:
Lancashire now have Stuart Law; born in Australia but eligible for England, and Andrew Symonds; born in England, eligible for Australia.
That is some good irony lol

Cricketville

School Cricketer
My mates pleased as punch. Murali was good, but if Flintoffs gonna be on national duty all the time, Lancs need another all rounder.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
aussie1st said:
That is some good irony lol
Gets worse, Symonds parents are from the West Indies

Users who are viewing this thread