MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Today marks a big change for PlanetCricket, after over a decade of being involved in the site, administrators barmyarmy and zimrahil are stepping down from their involvement, leaving the admin team and no longer being part owners of the site, with myself taking over full ownership and running of the site.

They've both been a huge part in the site's success, but the time has come for both of them to focus on other things in their lives.

In addition, for unrelated reasons, Dutch is stepping down from the moderation team of the site.

A huge thanks from me to all barmyarmy, zimrahil and Dutch - for all the work they've put into the site over the years, and I certainly hope that PlanetCricket can continue going from strength to strength, and there will be some announcements in the future related to that.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What?

A huge thanks to all, specially Colin and Zim. They were the best administrators which the Planetcricket had seen for these many years. And Dutch, who is termed to be one of the best moderators. We will surely miss you guys :( . Whatever maybe the reason I wish them goodluck for their future life. :thumbs

Last edited:

Haseeb.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
well zo you guys lookin for new admins from staffies??

Haseeb.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I cant actually Post like barmyarmy zimrahil were legends bla bla cause I dont even known them.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
A huge thanks to Zim, Barmyarmy & Dutch for their contributions to PlanetCricket.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh man, that's a real bummer. I hadn't seen much of @barmyarmy around lately so I did wonder. Both are absolutely stand-up guys, good sense of humor too. Thanks to @zimrahil for being such amazing good fun around the place and obviously I have a tonne of love for @Dutch so his sass will be missed around the place. Bunch of top blokes, the lot of ya.

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Thank you very much Colin , Zim and Dutch for your contribution to the site.

SixerBoy11

Chairman of Selectors
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A Big thanks to barmyarmy, Dutch & zimrahil for their contribution for this site for so many years.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Thanks all - still going to be around and if ever able to mod gameplay files (cough default fields, cough AI batting) I will be around a whole lot more :p

Edit: big thanks to Dutch too, one of PC's best ever staffers :cheers

Varun

ICC Board Member
Can't say I saw this coming. Thanks Colin, zimrahil and Dutch for all the work they've put together over the years! PC will miss you guys.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
barmyarmy's going to turn into that stereotypical granddad moaning about how bad the forums have gotten while telling stories about how it was better in the good old days.

although its sad to see two people who've given a lot to the thing move on, i think that we all agree that the forums are in solid hands :)

nightprowler10

Executive member
Thanks for all the hardwork you guys have put in over the years. There's so much behind the scenes stuff that the general population doesn't see that blew my mind when I first joined the admin/GM team (I did none of that work btw).

Best of luck to you guys, and best of luck to Matt, without whom I can only guess where this site would be today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread