Any info regarding the career mode improvements?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
OK let me be more specific
1)Does the AI changes team playing XI more often (from Club cricket to International) or they still stuck with the same playing XI again and again over the years?
2)Does AI players improve and deteriorate as time passes by?
3)What about our career player improvement , does he still get improved (get xp) by number of matches played as oppose to performance?
4)Does your club AI team mates improves enough to get selected for International team? or they never improved much like DBC17?
5)Does AI players have randomly assigned mocapped styles for batting or bowling or they just get one default style.
6)Are there any variation in AI bowlers like some swings more , some gets more bounce , some are skiddy.
7)Does this game have separate attributes for swing and seam or it still work like DBC17 single attributes for both outswing/inswing and leg/offcutter?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Please only post in this thread if you can provide actual information, or direct responses to questions based on your first hand experience of the game

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1)Does the AI changes team playing XI more often (from Club cricket to International) or they still stuck with the same playing XI again and again over the years?
3)What about our career player improvement , does he still get improved (get xp) by number of matches played as oppose to performance?
4)Does your club AI team mates improves enough to get selected for International team? or they never improved much like DBC17?
5)Does AI players have randomly assigned mocapped styles for batting or bowling or they just get one default style.
6)Are there any variation in AI bowlers like some swings more , some gets more bounce , some are skiddy.
7)Does this game have separate attributes for swing and seam or it still work like DBC17 single attributes for both outswing/inswing and leg/offcutter?

I have completed the first season as a batsman at Club level! I can answer some of your questions -

1. Team XI does change (I had even had 2 separate captains in the 4 ODIs and 4 T20s in my first season).
2. Too early to say
3. The points you earn are certainly related to your performance. Also, you have mini objectives (like hit 9 sixes for example) and you gain more points by completing those.
4. Too early to say
5. They are randomly assigned from the 5 batting styles, 3 styles for Fast / Fast Medium / Medium and 2 each for Leg / Off Spin
6. Yes
7. I will have to check this and get back to you tonight.

Rhone

International Cricketer
I have completed the first season as a batsman at Club level! I can answer some of your questions -

1. Team XI does change (I had even had 2 separate captains in the 4 ODIs and 4 T20s in my first season).
2. Too early to say
3. The points you earn are certainly related to your performance. Also, you have mini objectives (like hit 9 sixes for example) and you gain more points by completing those.
4. Too early to say
5. They are randomly assigned from the 5 batting styles, 3 styles for Fast / Fast Medium / Medium and 2 each for Leg / Off Spin
6. Yes
7. I will have to check this and get back to you tonight.

Have your stats tracked correctly for your first season?!

Pat

International Coach
Have your stats tracked correctly for your first season?!

They have been perfect so far. The only thing is now we have three formats at Club level - 3 Day games, One Days and T20s. At the Club level, all the stats are clubbed into "Other" category which is fine for me. Once we reach State level, then the formats are tracked separately.

At the end of Season 1, I have played approximately 13 games (with 16 innings) and have made around 757 runs with 2 (or 3?) centuries and 4 half-centuries at an average of ~ 47.5. Career mode is super fun to play!

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
They have been perfect so far. The only thing is now we have three formats at Club level - 3 Day games, One Days and T20s. At the Club level, all the stats are clubbed into "Other" category which is fine for me. Once we reach State level, then the formats are tracked separately.

At the end of Season 1, I have played approximately 13 games (with 16 innings) and have made around 757 runs with 2 (or 3?) centuries and 4 half-centuries at an average of ~ 47.5. Career mode is super fun to play!
Difficulty level? ;)

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can anyone comment on career mode club grounds. In '17 career (at least as an English club) all club games were played at one of the two 'English' grounds, both of which were large stadiums. Are club games now played at more realistic small grounds?

@Pat

Last edited:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Let me answer it my self now I got the game and in to 2nd season
1) works for 1st season but some how stopped working in 2nd season (reported in the bug thread)
2)so far not a single attribute gain for AI players again reported
3)there is some performance element now..
4)don't think so as i haven't seen them improved at all
5)plain yes but there aren't much mocapped styles any way to get excited for realistic immersion.
6)yea but not enough to actually visible on plain sight
7)no : face palm what are they thinking.

Overall not impressed by this deeper career mode

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Is the stats section in career similar to DBC 17? Can we view other players' career stats? Do players retire from particular formats? Any injuries to speak of?

kulch

Club Captain
What kinds of attributes can you boost with each type of player. Any screenshots of the attribute trees? Is there training in the nets and can you get xp from training like DBC14

Users who are viewing this thread