Any info regarding the career mode improvements?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Haven't played much but so far it's exactly like dbc17 career with no specific feature to speak off.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
No we cannot view other players stats except in game when they come out to bat or bowl.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Haven't played much but so far it's exactly like dbc17 career with no specific feature to speak off.
No we cannot view other players stats except in game when they come out to bat or bowl.

I guess that was expecting too much. Is it worth a full game's price then in your opinion for people who only play career in DBC 17? I'm starting to think I should spend my money on the LA Noire re-release.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I guess that was expecting too much. Is it worth a full game's price then in your opinion for people who only play career in DBC 17? I'm starting to think I should spend my money on the LA Noire re-release.

IMO stats issue corrected from DBC 17, enhanced animations and enhanced gameplay make getting this game a no-brainer, especially if you are a cricket video gaming fan. With Big Ant publishing the game themselves (i.e. no Tru Blu in the picture), I'm more than confident that any bugs/issues which persist will be ironed out as well.

In other words you can't go wrong with this purchase as long as you can afford to purchase it.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
If you are a career mode strict guy , then i would not recommend this game to you specially if you have DBC17 , however from a gameplay perspective it looks nothing like DBC17 infact if you can get pass the pace bowling animations the game looks , feel and play like a brand new game specially with the new control scheme , trust me I haven't enjoy any cricket game like it , easily the best cricket game of all time so far.

Regarding the bugs i haven't encountered any face palm bugs , just a minor fielding glitches and stupid commentary bugs which i can digest fine.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
What kinds of attributes can you boost with each type of player. Any screenshots of the attribute trees? Is there training in the nets and can you get xp from training like DBC14
Didn't get you , but the attributes are just like DBC17

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If you are a career mode strict guy , then i would not recommend this game to you specially if you have DBC17 , however from a gameplay perspective it looks nothing like DBC17 infact if you can get pass the pace bowling animations the game looks , feel and play like a brand new game specially with the new control scheme , trust me I haven't enjoy any cricket game like it , easily the best cricket game of all time so far.

Regarding the bugs i haven't encountered any face palm bugs , just a minor fielding glitches and stupid commentary bugs which i can digest fine.

I strongly disagree with your statement regarding career mode. I'm more of a career mode player and I had to shelve DBC 17 due to incorrect stats issue. If you are into career mode, the one thing you would want to have is the correct stats. The corrected stats issue itself should be the reason enough to purchase Ashes Cricket.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I strongly disagree with your statement regarding career mode. I'm more of a career mode player and I had to shelve DBC 17 due to incorrect stats issue. If you are into career mode, the one thing you would want to have is the correct stats. The corrected stats issue itself should be the reason enough to purchase Ashes Cricket.

Not even just this. Even in career mode you're spending the vast majority of your time playing the core cricket game-play, so if that is improved to the degree it appears it has then it will be a much more enjoyable experience overall.

Also in DBC14 they did add some new features to career mode post-release so who knows what could happen.

kulch

Club Captain
I'm looking for risk v reward. I'm still hoping the xp in ashes is fully dependent on your match day performance. More ways to earn xp and more ways to allocate them. Will know full details in a couple of days

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I'm looking for risk v reward. I'm still hoping the xp in ashes is fully dependent on your match day performance. More ways to earn xp and more ways to allocate them. Will know full details in a couple of days
Its performance oriented now , but not 100%.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain

The problem is there is no way to view stats of other players except while in match , so the only thing improved over DBC17 is your career players stats being correct , which alone I don't think warrants a new purchase , if they some how includes cricinfo style of stats viewing of each and every player in career mode then its a separate story.

Rhone

International Cricketer
The problem is there is no way to view stats of other players except while in match , so the only thing improved over DBC17 is your career players stats being correct , which alone I don't think warrants a new purchase , if they some how includes cricinfo style of stats viewing of each and every player in career mode then its a separate story.

Can't you view the season averages of all players for a league? And can't you view the stats on players on your own team?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Can't you view the season averages of all players for a league? And can't you view the stats on players on your own team?
That's just for single season, I am talking about cum stats which is the core of career mode.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Forgot about this one:

If a player is selected for international duty do they still play state/t20/list A games that are happening at the same time on the other side of the planet? Cheers.

Edit: talking about ai teammates if that wasn't clear, thanks again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread