Career Mode Revamp

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Career Modebis a great feature in a sport. I first experienced it in DBC14 and I love it . I play mostly career mode in DBC14/17 and in Ashes Cricket. A big thanks for @BigAntStudios for implementing it in a cricket game.

However I find it needs a little revamp or minor modifications. The biggest negative I feel is that rewards aren’t really linked to the performance. It is very unrealistic.

For instance I bowled 10 overs and batted 79 balls scoring 73 runs in a state level domestic competition and I ended up with 25000 SP. I can allot it to any skills I want (like Drive/Cut/Pull/Swep) imagine I use all that SP to develop my Sweep shot, but I hardly used that in the game because I batted against no spinners. Same way it can be said to bowling also, I can add skills to cutters which I hardly used in the game. So how can I develop a skill I never trained or executed in the game? On the other hand, in the next game I played I got only 3 overs to bowl and batted only 10 balls scoring 7 runs, still I ended up getting 25000 SP.
I think the old DBC14 method where your skills get to add to what you execute in the game has to be implemented (if not in this game, may be in next iteration).

There may be other things in Career mode that needs a modification, people here might add to this topic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

A revamp may not be the key but listing recommendations and changes will be taken into consideration and implemented into a new game if on the cards. I do feel Cricket 19 maybe in the planning stages. Developers don't wake up in the morning and think 'Oh I'm developing a game and I wonder how I can screw my customers' . They do come up with ideas and consider how best to carry that in game. Career mode or the idea is being developed well and maybe the next iteration of the game will be better structured but in no terms is it a deal breaker at the moment IMHO. We can with common sense discuss the changes we need to see here but we need to be wise and practical and make sure we are not to grandiose with our recommendations and not make unsophisticated demands. It will be exciting to read some ideas people have and look forward to other comments on how practical these ideas could in some way make it to a final product.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
The career game has so much wrong with it.The biggest issue to me is that there shouldn't be settable skill levels as you improve in your career things should automatically get harder.If you simulate a game you shouldn't get any points in fact you should probably lose some and points should be dependent on how you do in the match.The targets are arcadey and not how it would work in real life which is really what the career mode should reflect.The calendar is a mess and you shouldn't get offered contracts for tournements that you won't be able to play in.

Users who are viewing this thread