TENNIS AO Tennis

Cristian04BJ

School Cricketer
I haven't had a chance to play a career match recently, so you could be right about the transitions. As for selecting venue in competition mode, I see this selectable option on the PC version:
View attachment 212092
Yes, i've it too. But, not appear the transitions and is very strange that not upload the Steam. The last update in PC, is the 01/08, and the patch notes say only the ability to create and shared ranked player lists. Let's wait for answer of Mike

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
The transitions is simply the logo of the competition showing up instead of the AO logo when transitioning. That's all I've seen anyway in regards to that.

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
Steam update downloading right now, it literally is an update that went live around 45 minutes ago because an hour ago it was not showing an update queued.

I love this game!

I am falling in love with BigAnt!

I recently bought Rugby League Live 4 and was very impressed, BigAnt could rival EA Sports for being able to simulate a real variety of sports with nice AI and getting better and better graphics quality.

I didnt mention sidespin once!

oh dear, too late! ooops...... ;)

I love having perfect spacing in my posts...

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
Sorry everyone, my mistake, must be my Steam messing around as it showed an update queued, and on updating, the folder size is still 13,670,380,380 bytes, and I have compared the tennis.exe to the tennis.exe file on the "previous" iteration which I have backed up to a blank Bluray disk, and it compares byte by byte exactly the same, so this was not an update, version in folder shows it as still being v1.0.1648.

Off to bed me thinks...

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I haven't had a chance to play a career match recently, so you could be right about the transitions. As for selecting venue in competition mode, I see this selectable option on the PC version:
View attachment 212092
The Venue in a competition mode always selects the main show court for all games.So venue creator is only any good for aerial views and for casual game modes.Could this be reverted back so you can select court as well as venue.I've also found why the speed display unit disappears on some courts.If you do not have adboards the speed display unit does not show up.place adboards and the unit reappears.

Nard2020

Club Captain
Another good feature to implement for the next version...."inside" shots/ putaway shots. In true tennis, a player can really step into those short or floaty mid courts balls and put them away with strong winners. This is missing in AOIT and can be frustrating in the longer rallies where you will get several weak balls from the opponent but have no means to properly step into the court and pummel them.

villafan001

Club Captain
Another good feature to implement for the next version...."inside" shots/ putaway shots. In true tennis, a player can really step into those short or floaty mid courts balls and put them away with strong winners. This is missing in AOIT and can be frustrating in the longer rallies where you will get several weak balls from the opponent but have no means to properly step into the court and pummel them.

I agree, whilst returns generally are still unrealistically strong, when you do get half court returns you ought to be able to put them away much easier.

Part of the problem seems to be an inability to generate enough angle when you step in - the game still wants you to aim at the baseline corners - you wouldn’t in that situation in reality, you’d want something bouncing in the service box.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Based on nothing but my gut feeling: I think they are working on something big.......hopefully animation variations........maybe at the beginning of September?
I’d have to agree, Also I doubt there would be too many patches released from here on in. There might be a big one coming soon but who knows. Any patch that does get released though however (in guessing) might take a little longer, as I wouldn’t be surprised if they wanted to test it before going live. Also I’ve read Ross say that there will a free dlc update for next year, I think around the time of 2019 AusOpen I think he said, I could be wrong with the timing of it but that could be a big patch as well.. Just a wait and see I think.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Reading one guys comments on the BA forum hurts my head... someone called 'krasimir' claims the game is perfect as of a few weeks ago and that no more patches are required... saw someone else posted a few days ago trying to find out when the next patch would be, sure enough this dude said no more are required as the gameplay is perfect. :facepalm

I'll continue to see if improvements are made through patches, I'm not expecting to have my expectations met though really. Finally been blocked on Twitter by Ross and off the BA page itself, surprised that didn't happen months ago though really. Some people still say I should be thanked for all the free publicity from the videos lol...

imported_beatle

Club Captain
I highly appreciate the hard work Big Ant have put into AO tennis but I cannot play this game anymore.Why they feel the need to make changes to the settings on competition and career modes. I don't know why they give you the ability to create venues with numerous courts but only allow you to play on the main show court regardless of what players you play as.And in career mode you just play at the same time of day and on the same court consistently which becomes very tedious and boring.Might give Tennis World tour a try or buy some of EA's upcoming titles.I have not seen anybody post to request these options be removed and I know there was a problem that all career games were played at night now it is the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread