TENNIS AO Tennis

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am very curious as to how BA will handle the controls - will it be a camera just behind your player with LAS to move player and RAS to aim ball for example

Then using the shoulder buttons for spin types, drop shots, lobs etc. Who knows at this stage the possibilities are immense

D

Deleted member 9102

@BigAntStudios - That's fantastic :) On ITST we have a doubles tour but it's only 1v1 with CPU partners, proper 2v2 will go down really well. A couple of weeks ago, in the chat over there I linked to the article where you mentioned a tennis game was planned and it's stirred up a bit of interest. I also suggested they check out DBC but there's not too much of an overlap between tennis and cricket fans unfortunately :p The tennis game will appeal to those in the USA and mainland Europe who likely haven't tried your other titles.

@zimrahil - It will be interesting to see the approach; with DBC most of the established control schemes and HUD elements were thrown out in favour of something new, which captured the feel of the sport far better than anything before IMO.

Gameplay mechanics/controls somewhere between Full Ace and Dream Match with Big Ant's quality of visuals would make a brilliant game I think, but those are quite niche sim orientated games.

Last edited by a moderator:

DN4ngel23

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@Madman First feature promise - we'll have 2v2 doubles for sure - that'll get the attention of the guys in the office :p

Will there be player licences? The game would sell very well if it was called Roger Federer tennis ;)

D

Deleted member 9102

Hopefully we'll hear some news about this soon! I expect that BA's attention will remain with DBC for a while yet though.

@beechcroft - Looks like Full Ace will be getting another update finally! The dev posted about it on ITST recently, the main improvement seems to be to animations which was the weakest aspect of the game, here's a short preview of some new anims;

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
It's good to see Yannick is working on Full Ace again. The new animations look good, and the survey that he sent to players in October shows that he's got some interesting plans for the game.

Bluebagger

International Coach
Not really a tennis fan but I'd buy a tennis game for sure. I would love to see @BigAntStudios make a golf game.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'm not a tennis fan, but I may buy if I find interesting like DBC14 and DBC17 :)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm buying this. It helps that I have some above average knowledge on the sport :)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I cannot wait to see what control scheme BA come up with

D

Deleted member 9102

My guess would be that this will release to coincide with one of the slams?

US Open maybe? Could release the game in early September ;).

Users who are viewing this thread