TENNIS AO Tennis

grkrama

National Board President
How polished is the game compared to say ashes were we still ahve lot of little niggles to get fixed.?

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
How polished is the game compared to say ashes were we still ahve lot of little niggles to get fixed.?

Well, I've only played three hours, but I haven't seen any bugs. For me, the biggest problem is not being able to save during a match. I don't often have the time to play a complete match during one session, so a save option is essential.

The slice and topspin shots don't seem to vary from the flat shot as much as they do in Full Ace, but maybe that's just an early impression.

There are some "nice to have" features That I'd like at some point. The competition mode is very basic and limited. I'd love a Davis Cup-style country competition, but I have faith that will come later. The match officials aren't animated as they are in the video I've seen for TWT, but that's a very minor point.

It's very early days for me, and I haven't played any doubles yet, so I'm sure I'll come up with more issues later.

So far, I like the game much more than I expected to, based on the reviews, and general naysayers who've commented.

D

Dutch

Well, I've only played three hours, but I haven't seen any bugs. For me, the biggest problem is not being able to save during a match. I don't often have the time to play a complete match during one session, so a save option is essential.

The slice and topspin shots don't seem to vary from the flat shot as much as they do in Full Ace, but maybe that's just an early impression.

There are some "nice to have" features That I'd like at some point. The competition mode is very basic and limited. I'd love a Davis Cup-style country competition, but I have faith that will come later. The match officials aren't animated as they are in the video I've seen for TWT, but that's a very minor point.

It's very early days for me, and I haven't played any doubles yet, so I'm sure I'll come up with more issues later.

So far, I like the game much more than I expected to, based on the reviews, and general naysayers who've commented.
Pretty much my take as well.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I like how during career now, the created players are featured in the rankings. I remember earlier Federer was ranked something like 350 despite being the best skilled overall.

Its cool that ranking are now determined by skill of player.

D

Dutch

Boom! Won my first set on the tie break 7-4 after being 4-1 behind in games!

One thing I am noticing is that the movement control sometimes doesn't react on the AI players first serve.....is that just me?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Boom! Won my first set on the tie break 7-4 after being 4-1 behind in games!

One thing I am noticing is that the movement control sometimes doesn't react on the AI players first serve.....is that just me?
Yep, I think its either a timing or the game cheating for an ace. I hate it when I just stand there.[DOUBLEPOST=1525949440][/DOUBLEPOST]@Dutch legend or veteran

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
May have been missed on the last page, but is it worth a go at £25? How does the shot mechanic differ to Top Spin or Virtua Tennis?

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Yep, I think its either a timing or the game cheating for an ace. I hate it when I just stand there.[DOUBLEPOST=1525949440][/DOUBLEPOST]@Dutch legend or veteran

I've had that issue numerous times, happened a lot during points too, once for the AI where he literally watched the ball side on go by him... then numerous occasions I had a shot timed and nothing happened as the ball went by

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
@Llewelynf, @Dutch, I just saw a screen which showed using the RS, instead of the buttons, as a way to play all the shots. I hadn't seen that before.

I tried it, but didn't find it at all easy. Do either of you play like this?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
@Llewelynf, @Dutch, I just saw a screen which showed using the RS, instead of the buttons, as a way to play all the shots. I hadn't seen that before.

I tried it, but didn't find it at all easy. Do either of you play like this?
I tried and it was way too hard

Users who are viewing this thread