Arsenal FC,will they make it?

adyhorn

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Friday 6th July 2007
I got up at 6am and listened to talksport,my favourite radio station.
IW:Hello,I'm Ian Wright taking you through to 8am with Alan Brazil.
AB:And if you hadn't yet heard Arsene Wenger has been sacked by Arsenal.
IW:Tell us what you think of the departure.

I spat out my coffee and shouted to my mum"We've sacked Arsene". All I heard was a huge scream of"It can't be".

Later that day there was a phone call.
"Mum,can you get that."I shouted,as I was on Planetcricket,the best website in the world. In fact,I was downloading Blackk's IPL patch,which I later found very good. Anyway,back to the phone call.
Mum:Hello,who is it?
Caller:Hello,is this Adam Hornbuckle?
Mum:No,this is his mother.
Caller:Nice talking to you,this is Peter Hill-Wood.
I heard a thud and wondered what it was. I saw my mum unconcious on the floor. I picked up the phone.
Me:I don't know who you are but you're a sicko.
PHW:Do you want to work for me or not? I'm Peter Hill-Wood and your mum fainted when she realised she was talking to me.
Me:Why offer me the job? I'm 11. Don't I need GCSEs?
PHW:Don't worry,we bribed your school. Congratulations,Mr 12 GCSEs. Anyway,I have a hunch about you and my hunches are always right. Now,do you accept my offer or not?
Me:Of course I do.

adyhorn added 29 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...
Saturday 7th July 2007
I came in to work next day and was bombarded with e-mails. Peter had told me the pre-season fixtures. They were;
16/7/07 Konyaspor A
18/7/07 Manisaspor A
21/7/07 Kayserispor A
23/7/07 Bursaspor A
26/7/07 Rhyl A
29/7/07 BEC A

So I had deduced from that that we we had to go to Turkey for four matches,then Wales for 1,then Thailand for 1.

I then got another e-mail from Peter saying his expectations for the season. He wants me to win the league by the end of the two-year plan. What two-year plan? I never knew there was a two-year plan. He wants me at least fourth this year in the league,get to the final of both,yes both,domestic competitions and get to the semi-final of the Champions League.

Then I got one from Pat(Rice) about a team report. He picked his best team,both senior and youth,which i will have a look at. Hopefully I will find it useful. He also said Gallas is a main part of the team,well der,he is captain.

Then Peter gave me another e-mail:mad:. This was to say that I had £25 million to spend. I can also more than double my wage budget per week:eek:.

Then I asked Alex(Hleb)to recommend a new signing. Hopefully he suggests a good player. He responded later the same day with Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez. I'll send Gilles(Grimandi)out to watch him.

Sunday 8th July 2007

14,968 was the figure shoved in my face. That's how many season tickets we've sold so far. The board want us to sell another 25,000 tickets before the season starts so we can get up to around 40,000.

Tuesday 10th July 2007

After a typical boring Monday,today there was the news that Daniel(Karbassiyoon)had come come back from his scouting assingment in his home country,the USA. Unfortunately,he had no high recommendations,however,he did find two players,Landon Donovan and Eddie Johnson. I'll have a look at those later. I've just sent Dan to Ireland to find some hidden talent.

Friday 13th July 2007

A boring week ended with some possibly bad news,my scout Francis Cagigao is wanted by Sevilla. They have offered him a contract and if he accepts,we will be due £150,000 in compensation.

P.S.Is there anything else you would like to know?

Last edited:

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
na mate this is awesome loved the start :D very funny,

also stick to the easy going way of update, v.good:hpraise

adyhorn

County Cricketer
Saturday 14th July 2007

Gilles(Grimandi)responded to my request about Mario Gomez. He went all the way to Israel to watch him play in a 1-0 defeat. He did however say Gomez would be a good signing. He then sent me another e-mail to tell me the exact same thing! Odd but he must be trying to get the message across. I then made a cheeky ?7.5 million bid for him.

adyhorn added 16 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Sunday 15th July 2007

I opened my copy of the news of the world this morning and saw speculation about Gilberto Silva. Apparently AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti wants him. I said that I would let him go at the right price,he has been a good servent and I could do with the extra money.

I then got a phone call from Francis(Cagigao)saying that he agreed a deal with Spanish club Sevilla. I then got confirmation from Sevilla about the deal. So the first Arsenal transfer of the summer is Francis Cagigao-Arsenal->Sevilla for ?150,000.

Also,Gilles called me telling me that Konyaspor will play 4-4-2. Sen Eren,the right winger,is the dangerman while they will be at full strength,no injuries or suspensions.

adyhorn added 46 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

The Rumour Mill

Birmingham want River winger Fernando Belluschi. Belluschi might go,but only if the club and team as a whole recieve a good offer. Beluschi's agent said "Fernando is very keen on a move."

Left back Sasa Papac is a shock target for Fulham. Rangers boss Walter Smith has said he will let the defender go if the price is right. Papac has added that he wants the situation resolved as soon as possible.

Newcastle are on the trail of Vincent Kompany. The 21 year old centre back is seen as the answer to their dodgy defense. Manager Huub Stevens it seems,doesn't want him to go,issueing a hands-off warning. Kompany is said to be 'flatered' by the speculation.

Stewart Downing,the England winger,is attracting a possible ?14.5 million offer from Portsmouth,who see him as a challenger to Niko Kranjcar for his place.

adyhorn added 4 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

England News

John Terry has been appointed England captain with Manchester United captain Gary Neville vice-captain.

adyhorn added 11 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Friendly Results

Bury 1-3 Man City Reserves​
Hurst51​
Etuhu35,pen 84,87​
Hereford 0-1 Tottenham Reserves​
Taarabt2
(Ghaly picked up a twisted knee. 2-3 weeks.)​
Bradford 2-2 Newcastle Reserves​
Ndumbu-Nsungu44
Ameobi14,57
(Babayaro got concussion. 6 days to a week.)
Medley84​
Walsall 1-0 Man Utd Reserves​
Wrack7
(Butler got a dead leg. 1 day to a week.)​
Gillingham 1-2 Reading​
Southall81
Gunnarsson10
Kitson17​
(Jupp pulled a hamstring. 2 weeks to a month.)​
Celje 0-2 Middlesborough​
Downing14
Aliadiere83​
Partick Thistle 2-2 Aston Villa​
Ferguson8
Carew49
Barry75​
Sinclair37​
Sunderland 2-2 Genk​
Jones9
Debruyn5
Jansen86​
Halford10​
Birmingham 1-1 Brondby​
Larsson10​
Christiansen15​
Young Boys 1-2 West Ham​
Joly53​
Solano22
Ashton51
(McCartney broke his ankle. 2-3 months.)​
Inverness CT 0-1 Liverpool​
Torres89​
Fulham 1-0 Schalke​
McBride pen7​

Friendly Cup Result

Semi Final

Tottenham 1-1 Celtic​
Keane58​
McDonald28​
Celtic won 6-5 on penalties.​

Last edited:

adyhorn

County Cricketer
I am continuing with this,I can't be bothered to play FM at the moment.

adyhorn

County Cricketer
Monday 16th July 2007

Gilberto has said that he will think about any offer AC Milan may make after media speculation linked him with a move to Italy. I might be evil and say he has to honour his contract.

Konyaspor vs Arsenal

Here it is,my first game as Arsenal boss. My team is:
Lehmann, Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Hleb, Fabregas, Rosicky, Eduardo, Bendtner, Van Persie. 4-4-2 formation,Eduardo out on the left for his debut. The subs are:
Fabianski, Eboue, Gilberto, Adebayor, Senderos, Denilson, Walcott, Traore, Diaby, Van Den Berg, Diarra, Merida. 2 youngsters on the bench,Van Den Berg and Merida. They may come on for a rare first team game. There was nothing to say in the team talk,I only told Gael(Clichy) there is no preasure,as he was animated. Anyway on to the match.

2 mins:Rosicky free-kick well saved. Hleb runs it out.

30 mins:Quiet match so far. Ohhhh. Bendtner shoots from long range and it is well pushed over.

HALF TIME

Boring half. I tell the lads not to be too worried,it is after all,only a run out. And now back out there for the second half.

51 mins:Eduardo to Rosicky who shoots,well saved.

78 mins:Patient build up and Ufuk goes close. Just over.

82 mins:Toure to Fabregas,now Hleb,attemptes a pile driver but well over.

86 mins:Ufuk to Coskin,forward to Aydin who is one on one but misses.

94 mins:Van Persie with a chance, shoots,saved,back to Bendtner,offside.

FULL TIME
Konyaspor 0-0 Arsenal

Not too disappointed by that,at least we created chances. I didn't say anything at the end. I want them to guess how I feel.

Last edited:

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
A nice report, maybe a little colour for the text and the team to be more spaced out but other than that it is fine!

Good work mate, keep it up!:)

adyhorn

County Cricketer
Monday 16th July 2007

The papers say we came close to losing. I don't think so. Adam Reid(our spokesman)said that the fans were disapointed to draw. Oh well,who cares what he thinks. Stuttgart have rejected our ?7.5 million offer for Mario Gomez. But I am determined to get him and have bid 8 mil.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
8 million won't secure Mario Gomex, mate. Also you should easily of won that game but if you were happy with the amount of chances you created then it's not that bad.

Good work mate.

adyhorn

County Cricketer
Monday 16th July 2007

Barcelona have enquired about Gael Clichy,our left back. I told them flat out that they were wasting their time. I rate Clichy.

Tuesday 17th July 2007

Sunderland have asked me if they can have Mathieu Flamini on loan. I said no,as I want my squad together.

AC Milan have enquired about Gilberto Silva,the rumours were right. I rejected for the reason above.

Users who are viewing this thread