Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How is that shit not caught on day one? Seriously. Bowler gets credit for the wicket... this is such basic stuff, not some mysterious complex code. We're not cracking enigma here...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
How is that shit not caught on day one? Seriously. Bowler gets credit for the wicket... this is such basic stuff, not some mysterious complex code. We're not cracking enigma here...

It's all part of the "unpredictability of cricket"...

Seriously, i question whether any of the guys actually coding or developing now a thing about cricket. I watched that first video blog today... When Chief and teh other guy are in the room, look just to the right of Chief, what's there? A batting pad. Seriously, what the f**k?

It's just oh so so casually put there barely in view, just to give off the idea that hey, these guys are so into cricket they just have cricket equipment lying around in the office. But who just has one pad lying around in the office? A bat, yeah by all means... But a single pad? Do me a favour. They couldn't even get that right.

It's been a con from the get go.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
A Con? Maybe. When you look at the Big Ant guys vs. the Trickstar/505 guys there's a gulf between the passion behind the two projects. I've sensed that for quite some time...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A Con? Maybe. When you look at the Big Ant guys vs. the Trickstar/505 guys there's a gulf between the passion behind the two projects. I've sensed that for quite some time...

That's the con, the "we love cricket, we want to improve cricket games" etc. they dont even understand the bowler gets the wicket on a stumping!

Hitterman

International Coach
Very disappointed they took down the Facebook page before I had the chance to see the carnage.

I saw their page today and it wasn't updated since Last official update. It was full of sweet reviews and comments from the people who played this Game of the year.

kasabian21

International Coach
I'm still calling out 'Chief'. He might not be associated with the game anymore (since June I believe) but he has still contributed to us all being royally led up the garden path.

Maybe if we grant him Immunity from PlanetCricket Prosecution...?!

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
That's the con, the "we love cricket, we want to improve cricket games" etc. they dont even understand the bowler gets the wicket on a stumping!

I can't work out which is more plausible :

i) they didn't know the basic rules of the game
ii) they knew the rules but couldn't work out how to code basic stat tracking

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
It can't possibly be that difficult to set up a rule though?

X bowls the delivery, when a dismissal of A, B, C or D variety is effected*, X gets the wicket. If E dismisses the batsman (run out), credit goes to fielder Y.

Simple. Surely?

Where's Mikey? Someone upload the code for this shit, god knows they need the help...

*Bowled, Caught, Stumped or LBW in this example. I know there are others...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Not sure how you are supposed to legitimately be stumped in a game with no front/back foot control that locks you to the crease.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It can't possibly be that difficult to set up a rule though?

X bowls the delivery, when a dismissal of A, B, C or D variety is effected*, X gets the wicket. If E dismisses the batsman (run out), credit goes to fielder Y.

Simple. Surely?

Where's Mikey? Someone upload the code for this shit, god knows they need the help...

*Bowled, Caught, Stumped or LBW in this example. I know there are others...

Nah, you're post is longer than the code required. It's a one liner.

"Bowler gets wicket count incremented except for these cases." is the Pseudocode.

My daughter is doing first year CompSci, she is embarrassed for these guys...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I got nothing then...

I'll give your daughter $20... consider it an investment in Bradman Cricket 2023

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I got nothing then...

I'll give your daughter $20... consider it an investment in Bradman Cricket 2023

lol :)

This would not be a bug that was introduced at the end of the project, people would have seen this since whenever they were able to have a wicket fall in their game.

It's just a case of not knowing basic cricket and not caring, it's not difficult.

Must have been one hell of a long holiday, ah, the "early September" of it all :)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Maybe they were just simulating matches all the time, not actually playing the game through? Because in the simulated match (as Matt showed) it all looks reasonably normal... far from it when you're actually playing the thing? The bigger question is what have they been DOING since July?

Users who are viewing this thread