Ashes cricket - fair play league

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Hi Friends,

A few of us (like minded players who enjoys cricket) are starting a fair play league soon. The league will have T20's, ODI's and Test matches. It is for those who believe in a fair fight and for the ones who doesn't want to exploit the game. Bully cricketers please stay away from this as we have no interest to play the style which you follow.

In-order to make sure the league is fair, some rules have been laid out and they are as follows:-

1. No custom teams or edited players. The league committee will provide a team with updated players based on their current skill in International levels.

2. You can have one custom player per team who cannot be taller than 6 feet and has skill values less than or equal to 80 points.

3. A maximum of 2 red balls (even if it was a wide or no ball) per over whether it be a spinner or seamer.

4. Medium pacers are banned in the league and they will be changed to medium fast bowlers with their bowling speed changed to half of the initial value.

For example:- if your team has Virat Kohli and his bowling speed is 50, he will be changed to medium fast bowler with a bowling speed of 25.

5. Respect your opponent and if they have rightfully claimed your wicket and the game is not giving it out, you have to give your wicket (same batsman to same bowler) in the next ball.
Example :- you have edged a ball to the slip and it has been caught without any doubt but the game doesn't give out, you have to give the wicket to the bowler in the very next ball by moving away from the stumps and moving out of the crease.

6. A maximum of 5 fielders on either of the sides for a limited overs match and a maximum of 6 players on either of the sides for the test matches.

7. Having a silly point to a Fast bowler is banned in the league.

8. You can move your batsman up to a maximum of one step away from the leg or off stump not more than that.

Please note that these rules have been put into place because there are lot of players who just exploits the game and doesn't want to put up a fair fight. Respect the game and play it with the spirit of the game, If you are interested you can be part of the league or else you can leave.

Thank you.

Please leave your response in the comments section if you have something to suggest.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I guess I'm not made for the fair play league; if there a two balls left and I need one run, and the game doesn't give me out on the penultimate ball I'm not giving up my wicket next ball. :D
A weird situation which we haven't encountered so far. Thanks for pointing out though. let's hope the next patch will make the game better and give out when the batsman is actually out.

Akhilsaj

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well tbh, dbc 14 is still the best for online . Has some issues but most are negligible.

Pat

International Coach
I would be interested in joining, but I feel a large section of users are just waiting for the next patch to fix some of the major issues plaguing the current game online. I am, however, willing to join this league if it hosts formats where people have to play the game like real cricket (not bash every ball for 6).

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I would be interested in joining, but I feel a large section of users are just waiting for the next patch to fix some of the major issues plaguing the current game online. I am, however, willing to join this league if it hosts formats where people have to play the game like real cricket (not bash every ball for 6).

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply. That's the idea.. proper game of cricket.. however we can't control every players style.. but typically it will turn out be way better than other bully leagues around where batsman stands on off side wide line and smashs all the balls behind the keeper on leg side.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Why can't you have a silly point to a quick? Is this some kind of exploit I've not seen?

I hardly ever utilise close fielders as I rarely, if ever, get anything but the "leaping and turning their back in complete fear" to every single shot played.

Sorry if it's a little off topic, just genuinely interested.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
For a Fast bowler bowling more than 150 kmph and if the fielding side is having a silly point, the fielder will catch impossible catches even when the batsman has hit a well timed shot. IRL fielders would duck for their life, but here they turn out to be inhuman version of Johnty Rhodes.

Pat

International Coach
Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply. That's the idea.. proper game of cricket.. however we can't control every players style.. but typically it will turn out be way better than other bully leagues around where batsman stands on off side wide line and smashs all the balls behind the keeper on leg side.

I would suggest using a discord channel for organising and discussions. I have one channel which has a few Ashes PS4 players already. If you want to use it, I can make you the admin as well on the group -

Link:
https://discord.gg/9xhquBe

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I would suggest using a discord channel for organising and discussions. I have one channel which has a few Ashes PS4 players already. If you want to use it, I can make you the admin as well on the group -

Link:
https://discord.gg/9xhquBe
Hi Pat,

Thank you for the invite. I do not know what a discord channel is. Could you please explain.

Pat

International Coach
Hi Pat,

Thank you for the invite. I do not know what a discord channel is. Could you please explain.

It's a chat platform for gamers. It's very popular and people use it as a medium for communication for communities - in fact, even PlanetCricket has a Discord channel (PC Discord invite: https://discord.gg/y2KKzph)

Users who are viewing this thread