Ashes cricket - fair play league

Gustav

Little Timmy
Hi you can addisionele me psn tag gooseman4[DOUBLEPOST=1521536683][/DOUBLEPOST]Ad me

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
So far we have a few interested players in the league.
1. Nix71289
2. Jaraarrow
3. Chamanchindi82
4. Pat
5. Gooseman

Lets start the league by next week. Will wait for others if any, till then. :)

Gustav

Little Timmy
Hi if I can make a suggestion I am also playing in a South African comp we have had a lot of success and very relastic results with all players power attributes set down to 60.
Makes going for 6 risky and only well timed shots goes for 4 or carry the boundary also brings the sweeper into play to cut of boundaries.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Hi if I can make a suggestion I am also playing in a South African comp we have had a lot of success and very relastic results with all players power attributes set down to 60.
Makes going for 6 risky and only well timed shots goes for 4 or carry the boundary also brings the sweeper into play to cut of boundaries.

Good point, we will think on it and decide.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Finalized rules:-

The Game will be played in veteran Mode.

1. All league players will play with International teams with max skill value of a player kept at 70 (Mad six hitting and unbelievable cutters can be taken out by this and a proper game of cricket can be enjoyed) and a minimum for 35 for each of the skill (For a batsman you need not have any skills for his bowling attributes and vice versa. However for all-rounder or any batsman whom you are intending to ball with should have all skills at a minimum of 35), The player skills can be managed by the league player as per their convenience adhering the rule above. No changes can be made to the player bating or bowling style or their batting/bowling hands.

2. You can have one custom player per team who cannot be taller than 6 feet and has skill values less than or equal to 70 points.

3. A maximum of 2 red balls (even if it was a wide or no ball) per over whether it be a spinner or seamer.

4. Medium pacers are banned in the league and they will be changed to medium fast bowlers with their bowling speed changed to a max of 35.

5. Respect your opponent and if they have rightfully claimed your wicket and the game is not giving it out, you have to give your wicket (same batsman to same bowler) in the next ball.
Example :- you have edged a ball to the slip and it has been caught without any doubt but the game doesn't give out, you have to give the wicket to the bowler in the very next ball by moving away from the stumps and moving out of the crease.

You can ask your opponent to ball a wide ball and get stumped by stepping out of crease so that you wouldn't loose a ball.

6. A maximum of 5 fielders on either of the sides for a limited overs match and a maximum of 6 players on either of the sides for the test matches.

7. Having a silly point to a Fast bowler is banned in the league.

8. You can move your batsman up to a maximum of one step away from the leg or off stump not more than that.

9. A minimum of 2 pure bowlers has to be in the XI. (Cant have all-rounders as all bowling options :P)

10. Choose a pool of 15 players (including the custom player) who will be taking part in the tournament, prior to the beginning of the tournament.

If everyone agrees we can start the league in few days. :)

Last edited:

W.G. Grace

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I'd be interested in joining this league too — I'm sick of all the tiresome idiots in online mode that do apparently only care about racking up as many victories as possible, at the expense of actual enjoyment of the game. My PSN is: BolloTheGorilla.

Do we need to personally alter teams to ensure they abide by the above rules??

D

Dutch

Nice thread guys: unfortunately I am
On steam but nice to see some good old fashioned positivity and friendliness!

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Nice thread guys: unfortunately I am
On steam but nice to see some good old fashioned positivity and friendliness!
Hi Dutch..

Thank you so much.. means a lot.. sad you are not in PS4... Keep your good work with the beta testing... Happy to see few interested people who would like to play the "boring" old fashioned cricket.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
All the Best for the League guys , hope its a roaring success !!!

Not an easy thing to pull off , with all the small loopholes and the game restricting one alot.
Very hard to frame rules which is agreed by all players.. working on friendly matches to decide the best possible way to take the game forward. :)

Last edited:

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
If would be fun to play online if there was a way to implement these Fair play rules in all online matches.
I agree.. at one point I hated playing online with other players.. who cares nothing about a proper game. All they wanted to do was win the match by any crook and hook. BA should make sure online play is fair atleast by giving squads like in FIFA..

Users who are viewing this thread