Ashes cricket game 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Score

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
On Australian radio this morning Michael Slater mentioned he has been working on commentary for a new XBO/PS4 cricket game coming in November this year. Anybody have any inside info they might be able to share?

D

Deleted member 46200

Passed an Irish guy yesterday in ASDA and he told me there was a new cricket games coming out but he had no idea who would be releasing it and said there was a total news blackout and only he knew... Is this cows in the fireld or are they packing tackle... ? Is there any interest in developing one as the last one died on it's backside.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, it's very strange that the news has been kept under wraps at even this stage (less than 3 months to target date). If it's true, I can only guess that it could be due to budget constraints - perhaps trying to save money on advertising.

Top Score

School Cricketer
For real? Anybody?

According to Slater's comments, yes it is real. The reason it came up was that one of the guests on his show that he co-hosts asked him why he had a croaky voice to which he responded that he was reading commentary lines for a new XBO/PS4 game yesterday and one of his sessions included him reading 0-100 ten times.

The guest then asked him then if it was a new Don Bradman game and he said no, an Ashes game coming in November.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
According to Slater's comments, yes it is real. The reason it came up was that one of the guests on his show that he co-hosts asked him why he had a croaky voice to which he responded that he was reading commentary lines for a new XBO/PS4 game yesterday and one of his sessions included him reading 0-100 ten times.
Disappointed that it's not on PC. I hate consoles.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

The guest then asked him then if it was a new Don Bradman game and he said no, an Ashes game coming in November.

Cheers, that sounds really promising. Doesn't fully clear up if new developer or BA releasing separate game to Bradman licence but if new developer that will only benefit us the customer as competition pushes the bar etc

P

PVFCashley

On Australian radio this morning Michael Slater mentioned he has been working on commentary for a new XBO/PS4 cricket game coming in November this year. Anybody have any inside info they might be able to share?

I heard EA were making a new cricket game, but not until 2019.
So no clue what this is.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm more than happy if this news is true, of course the previous one was completely broken but Ashes 2009(especially after the beta patches) and IC 2010 were fine games and the reason I'm positive about the next one. Hope they make a comeback with this one and the news is true.

Competition is always good for the consumer.[DOUBLEPOST=1503479649][/DOUBLEPOST]
Disappointed that it's not on PC. I hate consoles.
It will be on PC I believe, or may get released soon after the console release.

abdul170

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
great new, all set to buy ps4 once announced officially, i request all dbc users to support this too, much needed breakthrough in cricket gaming from nowhere,chears

Australasia

School Cricketer
ZimRahill

I am all excited to know Ashes in ❤️ 2017 in Australia.i know little about video games but real cricket is real cricket,as Anderson will be in 500 club by November 2017, Cook, Root and Mo in prime form,hope England win Ashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread