Ashes Cricket General Discussion

mani761

Club Captain
I want know one thing please tell me that without 4k tv there is no use of ps4 pro and i should stick with my ps4 only if i dont have 4k tv?

please somebody tell me

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Ok I didnt thought I will be saying this but this game career mode is the best one can get in cricket games that include management games like Cricket captain and Cricket Coach games , let me fill you with a interesting little story , so I made couple of club teams with players having age bracket b/w 16-21 with their ovrall attributes b/w early 60s to mid 60s with one player from each club having 70 ovrall rating and then I started a career mode with objective of only simulating as far as I can in order to view how the world changes around , how the players develop / regress , getting selected to bigger teams and playing world t20 and world cup , ( I thought that like DBC17 its only your career player who can get improved and getting these things going for him) but glad I was so wrong , after simulating to year 2024 I just checked my club team whom I was representing and one word I was ASTONISHED!!!! all the players in my club have improved so much the one who was 70 was now 96 ovrall , captaining the national side and had a terrific batting career going around at the tender age of 26 , more interestingly all the players improved at a different rate depending upon their performance , couple of players were still in the late 60s (they started at early 60s) while one player who started at early 60s was now 84 thanks to some incredible performances , they all played T20 leagues and FC cricket and some are now permanent fixture of their national side (one even captaining Pakistan) , more over they changed T20 teams as well , like in one season they represent Multan and in next Karachi , more over the star players Kohli , Root etc have now regressed as well.

The only thing I wanted to see is their career stats in statistics tab (not just in match when they come out to bat and bowl) and improved AI logic in selecting playing XI , I will give this game a 10/10 simply the best career mode cricket game in the history of cricket games.

I guess the ideal attributes for teen players will be in the late 30s to early 40s and let them flourish , I wonder why BAS didn't put younger players in club cricket when you start a new career , Initially i thought they don't improve at all , but all of them were around mid to late 20s hence the lack of development.

Finally we have a cricket game with a near proper FIFA/NBA/MADDEN level career mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

dontboycottme

School Cricketer
This game looks promising.
Has the ps4 pro version got a 4K patch. According to psn the game only plays at 1080p
Does anyone know when the PC version will be out.
Thanks

Numayer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
any patch lining up fro Xbox?
will they include the co-op bugs, mainly inverted controls and 2batsmen at one end problems?

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How come on the calander screen of the test series you are playing it states the tests as a round why cant it say 1St test 2nd test 3rd test and so on is there any particular reason for this? Just curious to know why

HammadK

School Cricketer
any patch lining up fro Xbox?
will they include the co-op bugs, mainly inverted controls and 2batsmen at one end problems?
I am also looking forward to it... I wish it is included in the next xbox patch.. As i mainly bought the game for co-op... Anyone can please give an update on this?

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has the sweep shot been removed when I try to play it all the player does is a knee down slog could someone explain what inputs it is on ps 4 I play on bowling far camera with inverted enabled for batting
On DBC 17 it was L1 and left stick down and right stick right cheers thanks

max2002

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
How many contacts does a career player get offered when a league wants him? In DBC 14 you would only get 3 offers which I found a lot more realistic than DBC 17, in which you recieved offers from every team in the league. If the DBC 17 way is the case, hopefully it can get fixed to be 'realistic'.

OllieSlack

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I created a team on DBC17, is there a way I can upload it to the community so then I can download it on AC17?

MJT1994

Club Captain
This can probably go to the bottom of the things to fix and it doesn't really worry me, but has anyone else noticed that the sun at Adelaide Oval moves west to east instead of east to west? These are the things you notice after bowling for 120 overs on a road for just 6 wickets.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
People saying they don' edge I'd love to know their difficulty and more importantly the conditions...

I just had a fantastic dismissal, Balance propping forward to a Lyon arm ball, straight in front, LBW, but the ball goes up the leg and brushes his glove to Wade who takes the catch. Given out caught behind though could have been LBW as well.

Users who are viewing this thread