Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Why do my logos keep deleting themselves...

You have got to be joking... Spent like an hour doing a logo, dissapears just like that FFS

I have a quick question, is there any way to track your players physical stats growth in career ? Haven't been able to find it.

It would be nice if in a competition or tour, we could play with a single player just like the way i can play with steve smith in the ashes. Would love to play the world cup with steve smith or maybe maxwell

It would be nice if in a competition or tour, we could play with a single player just like the way i can play with steve smith in the ashes. Would love to play the world cup with steve smith or maybe maxwell

You could play 'star player' career mode as one of those guys and skip forward to the world cup. Bit finicky but it's a way to do it.

I had a fantastic day of test cricket. Bowling as Australia v England, pinned them back to 73/4 before Bairstow hit a stunning century, and they finished the day on 280/4. You can feel the pitch get easier, the life going out of the ball, the crowd getting subdued. I think it's the best evening of gaming I had since I shot Paulie in Mafia. Plenty of plays and misses, a few LBW shouts, an aerial sitter dropped. It is exactly the same as the opening day of a test series, I think the only problem is the bat pad being given out when not hit (I restarted the over), and batsmen not taking singles to deep fielders.

I had a fantastic day of test cricket. Bowling as Australia v England, pinned them back to 73/4 before Bairstow hit a stunning century, and they finished the day on 280/4. You can feel the pitch get easier, the life going out of the ball, the crowd getting subdued. I think it's the best evening of gaming I had since I shot Paulie in Mafia. Plenty of plays and misses, a few LBW shouts, an aerial sitter dropped. It is exactly the same as the opening day of a test series, I think the only problem is the bat pad being given out when not hit (I restarted the over), and batsmen not taking singles to deep fielders.

There is nothing I love more in the game than that feeling of "damn, the balls doing nothing and they're settled, now what?". That bit is absolutely nailed.

Hadn't played the game since playing day 1 of the first ashes test on the night of release (those pesky things work, family, social life got in the way)

Was a little bit concerned reading the issues people were having over the past few days but thankfully my fears were unfounded.

Aust resumed on day 2 at 6/260odd off 74 overs with Maxwell and Cummins finding it pretty comfortable against the old ball before Rashid made a crucial breakthrough in the 78th over getting Cummins to hole out in the deep.

This gave Jimmy and Broad a sniff with the new ball and they were able to wrap up the tail which included:

1) a catch behind (AI edges to keeper - check)
2) a catch at gully (AI edges generally - check)
3) an LBW for the last wicket, which Hazelwood reviewed and the decision stood (AI use of reviews even when it doesnb't change the decision - check)

In response I'm 5/100 (because I'm rubbish); 2 of the wickets were edges to the keeper and another 2 edges to 2nd/3rd slip (Human player edges - check)

The only minor issues were:
1) Lyon got a wicket when my player absolutely nailed a cut to short gully... was 4 every day of the week
2) First couple of balls from Lyon had the pace bowlers field (i.e. 3 slips)

Is there a manual for this game?

I searched the net for a pdf but nothing came up.

When I click below the game on ps4 for where the digital manual might be located it says not available yet.

I had a pdf manual for DBC14.

Kind of feel if you like cricket you also might fancy reading the manual about your cricket game.

There should be a pdf atleast there is no escaping that if you are releasing a new game in my opinion! Would have loved to have that so as to make a better use of the game!

So I'm used to playing with the db17 controls. With ashes cricket it seems a lot harder to use on the harder difficulties like veteran and legend as you have to input your own footwork + back foot on short balls...

Do the new standard controls input the footwork for you?

Users who are viewing this thread