Ashes Cricket General Discussion

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Agreed that we are in digital world, but I personally felt that pdf had help me more along with tutorials.
I was going through pdf everything and getting to know the game in depth compared to tutorial.
It was easier for me to have multiple visit compared to tutorials.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
:yes:clap is it like the one we had in Cricket 2004/2005?

VirQS5L.jpg

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
W

What's settings ?

Fixed Camera Near and Far as far as I can recall. The names might be slightly different, but should be obvious. These are PC screenshots so I’m not sure if it is available on both consoles or not

kulch

Club Captain
Fixed cameras near/far for both batting/ bowling
Running camera broadcast 1
Turn off ball trail and Ariel marker
Turn on pitch marker
Use the new standard controls
Turn off Fielding HUD tips (these are batting controls tacked onto the Fielding map, takes up too much screen imo)
Now enjoy playing video game cricket the old school way. It's amazing in HD

dontboycottme

School Cricketer
Fixed cameras near/far for both batting/ bowling
Running camera broadcast 1
Turn off ball trail and Ariel marker
Turn on pitch marker
Use the new standard controls
Turn off Fielding HUD tips (these are batting controls tacked onto the Fielding map, takes up too much screen imo)
Now enjoy playing video game cricket the old school way. It's amazing in HD

Does ashes cricket play at 4k on the pro or is it limited to HD?

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Never enjoyed losing to AI more than in this game. In other games I feel cheated. This game I just feel outplayed.

Played a quick 5 over as NZ v India.

Bowled first and was fairly tidy, got a 6 hit on me due to the annoying button press bowling glitch. It only happened once though. Also I guess I take my first sentence back slightly because there were some weird 4’s where my fielders made no effort to prevent them at the ropes and also idiotically carried the ball over them at least once.

Anyway it ends 2/48

Then it got interesting and this is where it was more fun. Opened well with the bats but that dried up and then the spinners came on and that became a nightmare. After the spinners did my head in, the pace bowler who I figured I could bash a few off bowls short high bouncers I can’t get to. Smart AI.

I guess my only issues are the button bowling glitch, the lack of effort/awareness to keep the ball from goung for 4 by my fielders and me having no clue how to hit a high bouncer. I don’t know which swing animation can get the bat to the ball.

Again even with this jankiness I had fun.

I am on medium bat, easy bowl, easiest fielding and pro AI casual mode Five5 match

Gustav

Little Timmy
Some feedback from SA online community after some testing the following aspects need some attention :
1. Online batting difficulty legend , currently batting is overpowered timming window needs to be adjusted to make the contest between bat and ball a fair contest.
2. Batsmen get stuck in the middle of the pitch when you cancel a run.
3. This is for all formats.
If you could look into these issues it would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi @MattW , please change the way advance front foot shot is played. If possible it can be shifted to LB + RB combo otherwise at least remove the movement (batsman lifting the bat up) when pressed RS. Right now opponents are bowling wide or changing to short pitch deliveries the moment they see batsman showing a sign that he is advancing. This is just a request as it's not fun to play the advance shot this way. So please consider this.

Thank you.

Rhone

International Cricketer
Hi @MattW , please change the way advance front foot shot is played. If possible it can be shifted to LB + RB combo otherwise at least remove the movement (batsman lifting the bat up) when pressed RS. Right now opponents are bowling wide or changing to short pitch deliveries the moment they see batsman showing a sign that he is advancing. This is just a request as it's not fun to play the advance shot this way. So please consider this.

Thank you.

Can't you just hit the advance button very late in the delivery action of the bowler so he doesn't have time to adjust? This is realistic isn't it? If a bowler has a sign that you will advance he will change his line/length accordingly.

Radman

School Cricketer
I'd love if Fifa style celebrations could be added in the next game for 50's, 100's etc...would be kinda fun to pump out different animations after scoring milestones in the game.

Same for bowling as well, imagine having send off animations and others. :)

Users who are viewing this thread