Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Can't you just hit the advance button very late in the delivery action of the bowler so he doesn't have time to adjust? This is realistic isn't it? If a bowler has a sign that you will advance he will change his line/length accordingly.
This is indeed what I do -- but your timing has to be perfect ;)

I also do the opposite, indicate early i am going to come down, then change back to normal at the last second and go on backfoot anticipating a short ball (dangerous, he could bowl a yorker!)

Rhone

International Cricketer
This is indeed what I do -- but your timing has to be perfect ;)

I also do the opposite, indicate early i am going to come down, then change back to normal at the last second and go on backfoot anticipating a short ball (dangerous, he could bowl a yorker!)

Yeah that's how it should be i reckon! It should take a fair bit of skill to come down the wicket without giving any indication to the bowler of your intention until the last second.

Sahil Kataria

School Cricketer
Hey guys, i just bught ashes cricket today and while playing my controller was same as DBC 2017, i saw on youtube that now contollers have been changed. Also i cant see the field graph while batting.

Rob Stanworth

Club Captain
What are people's opinions on the pace the ball comes off the bat? Seems to rocket off most occasions even if not attempting an aggressive shot. Just wondered if anyone has used the slider for this and found a happy medium?

D

Deleted member 185125

What are people's opinions on the pace the ball comes off the bat? Seems to rocket off most occasions even if not attempting an aggressive shot. Just wondered if anyone has used the slider for this and found a happy medium?
It tried reducing shot force to 20, but the edge looking kinda shot and the dab kinda shot still flies off the bat to a six. Hope they can just tweak these shots to be less powerful. Doesn't look right either.
The remaining shots were fine after reducing the shot force

kulch

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Shot force is op on default. I havent played alot of matches but that was my first observation with a career mode debutant on pro literally the worst batter in the Academy pumping a century off 110 balls on medium/medium/pro
Plenty of testing from all of us to come

Victoria50

School Cricketer
I thought you can get ai out every way eg caught behind
I have only got ai out lbw once
Gameplay needs improvement like pitches grassy needs to seam more and dry needs to spin more
Fix stumping bug
Weather bug
Shot force/power needs to be fixed like every shot goes four or six
Fixed multiplayer can’t play 2 player
Ai player bats outside its crease every time needs to change up and it’s hard to bowl Yorkers
Academy is good but can improve

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Playing a test match in casual at the moment and I am noticing the amount of wides that the AI bowls being unusually high, and also the fact that I don't seem to edge the ball behind the stumps. I have batted over 100 overs in the innings so far and haven't edged the ball once, not even with tail enders.

D

Deleted member 185125

I thought you can get ai out every way eg caught behind
I have only got ai out lbw once
Gameplay needs improvement like pitches grassy needs to seam more and dry needs to spin more
Fix stumping bug
Weather bug
Shot force/power needs to be fixed like every shot goes four or six
Fixed multiplayer can’t play 2 player
Ai player bats outside its crease every time needs to change up and it’s hard to bowl Yorkers
Academy is good but can improve
AI not taking singles is the biggest one for me.
Followed by stumping bug .

gogabutt

Club Captain

Try this and you will see no more rockets! It is going to really challenge your batting skills but if you stay calm you will eventually put some runs on the board. I found it perfect for odis. You will have to rely on 1s & 2s and occasional 4s. You will be able to hit aerial shots but most of the time those will be ended up getting caught.

- hard batting
- legend difficulty
- pace max 80
- pace bounce 60
- pace revolution 75-80
- pace swing 75-80
- spin turn 60
- spin bounce 55
- spin drift 60
- spin revolution 60
- ball traction 45
- ball bounce 55

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
today update on my Scotland - Netherland match. After 47 overs they are 156-1, quite disappointed with the lack of chances.
I knew it was probably my bowling, since often i lack precision with the controller. And also difficult conditions. So i tried anything
i could and in the end i got an edge and was really satisfying. And now the ball is having (i think) some great reverse swing. I'm still on 1.01.03

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Just got out caught in the deep where Vince threw the ball back inside the boundary while in mid air and root taking the catch. Man I love this game

D

Deleted member 185125

Just got out caught in the deep where Vince threw the ball back inside the boundary while in mid air and root taking the catch. Man I love this game
Even I got one, had posted a video of the same. I remember the days we used to chat during mazd's stream. Great to hear that you are enjoying the game.

Users who are viewing this thread