Ashes Cricket General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm a bit confused about the leave button as well. I haven't been able to clarify if it's working as intended (with one leave animation for all deliveries) or if padding up/ducking/swaying are in there as well (or should be in but currently aren't working for some reason).

@MattW if you could clarify i'd be very grateful so i don't keep spamming the forum with this question. :)

Duck animation is in there I have triggered it. But it doesn't seem reliable like in 17

Rhone

International Cricketer
Duck animation is in there I have triggered it. But it doesn't seem reliable like in 17

Yeah i have seen it but it's random. It doesn't rely on user input like DBC17, it seems to automatically trigger to some (but not all) short balls so i get hit in the face a lot with my arms in the air.

I've not seen any padding up animations despite them being mentioned in the in-game tutorial.

USA

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lunch being taken after only 13-14 overs and tea being taken at the wrong time. Is this a known bug?

I am on Xbox One X, and have had lunch taken on day one, sunny no rain and players walk off after only 12 odd overs. This probably causes tea to be taken early too. Another thing I have noticed is that 90 overs are not bowled. Perhaps 72+ overs, thats it. I probably need to play more figure if this is the case all the time.

Rhone

International Cricketer

Also, it does have an effect on gameplay and is not just a cosmetic thing. In situations where you are trying to play defensively, you have no reliable way to play the short ball. I have stopped trying to leave short balls aimed at my head and i end up playing shots at them to stop my batsman getting hit and his confidence reduced (i believe this is a consequence of being hit).

I'd love a bit more control and reliability when defending against the short stuff.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lunch being taken after only 13-14 overs and tea being taken at the wrong time. Is this a known bug?

I am on Xbox One X, and have had lunch taken on day one, sunny no rain and players walk off after only 12 odd overs. This probably causes tea to be taken early too. Another thing I have noticed is that 90 overs are not bowled. Perhaps 72+ overs, thats it. I probably need to play more figure if this is the case all the time.
I have seen this happen in my first Ashes game (so far only 4 sessions over) but rain delay was mentioned on both day morning sessions.

Alberts

International Coach
Also, it does have an effect on gameplay and is not just a cosmetic thing. In situations where you are trying to play defensively, you have no reliable way to play the short ball. I have stopped trying to leave short balls aimed at my head and i end up playing shots at them to stop my batsman getting hit and his confidence reduced (i believe this is a consequence of being hit).

I'd love a bit more control and reliability when defending against the short stuff.

In general the leave options leave a lot to be desired in this version. Conservative play is very difficult with the lack of options at the moment, particularly against spinners. Hopefully they can improve that in future updates.

D

Deleted member 9102

I'd rather hear views from people who think this is as important as I do... If you were happy with the bowling in DBC 17 I don't really care what you have to say, because we clearly don't share the same preferences about what makes bowling "better" in a cricket game.

In general the leave options leave a lot to be desired in this version. Conservative play is very difficult with the lack of options at the moment, particularly against spinners. Hopefully they can improve that in future updates.
What are your views on the length control issue? I remember that you created a thread about it for DBC17 and shared a few of the same opinions as me. Are you satisfied with it in Ashes?

Alberts

International Coach
I'd rather hear views from people who think this is as important as I do... If you were happy with the bowling in DBC 17 I don't really care what you have to say, because we clearly don't share the same preferences about what makes bowling "better" in a cricket game.

What are your views on the length control issue? I remember that you created a thread about it for DBC17 and shared a few of the same opinions as me. Are you satisfied with it in Ashes?

There's more error in the length, the pitch map doesn't form those lines anymore. I've not done enough extensive testing to give a full view of it, but I'd say that the problem isn't apparent in Ashes Cricket at this point.

What I'm curious about is how much of the error is in the timing, how much is in the ability of the players, and how much is in that crossover. Hopefully I'll find some time to test that in the coming week or so.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There's more error in the length, the pitch map doesn't form those lines anymore. I've not done enough extensive testing to give a full view of it, but I'd say that the problem isn't apparent in Ashes Cricket at this point.

What I'm curious about is how much of the error is in the timing, how much is in the ability of the players, and how much is in that crossover. Hopefully I'll find some time to test that in the coming week or so.
I. My SA team I have set Philander up with high accuracy and I can hit the spot more often with him. With a Chris Morris less so. So I do think it is a combination.

villafan001

Club Captain

Keep an eye on the clock, from what I can tell it takes the intervals at the right time (no matter the overs bowled) so it may be rain delays or something.

At the end of day, it ends on the earlier of either overs bowled or finish time reached, I think.

On Days 1 and 2 of my current Test match the 90 overs were bowled and finished about half an hour early - on Day 3 there was an hour’s delay and so halfway between lunch and tea there are still 68 overs to get in.

Reactions: USA

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Sorry if somebody already asked this but is there a way to add long sleeve shirts to spin bowlers who aren't in Australia or England

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
its 1st december so i think we are close enough for pc version.. it can be some how 16th to 22nd december .. O.o ...

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
its 1st december so i think we are close enough for pc version.. it can be some how 16th to 22nd december .. O.o ...
Somewhere close to that, Console users can expect some patch as well (my wild guess)

Users who are viewing this thread