Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
This is probably going annoy some people quite a lot......but I'm currently wanting fewer wickets from nicks and edges lol

What I'd like more of is LBWs. Even with the ball swinging all over the place, I find the AI hardly ever gets itself into a poor position with pads in the way.

They're 90% more likely to be in a great position then edge to the slips from mistiming.

I'll just wait for the inevitable backlash here....one sec :-D

D

Deleted member 46200

This is probably going annoy some people quite a lot......but I'm currently wanting fewer wickets from nicks and edges lol

What I'd like more of is LBWs. Even with the ball swinging all over the place, I find the AI hardly ever gets itself into a poor position with pads in the way.

They're 90% more likely to be in a great position then edge to the slips from mistiming.

I'll just wait for the inevitable backlash here....one sec :-D
Have you tried bowling a more fuller length and in line with off or straight... ?

Let me know how you want your back lashed... !

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just happened to play my first ever super over(t20) in the game. Few issues I came across:-
  • The batting line up selected does not stick.
  • First innings had fielding restriction of 2 fielders outside the ring and the second innings had default fielding restriction of 5 fielders.
Has anyone else had experiences playing Super over?

I remember reporting those issues in DBC17 and no surprises, they are still not fixed!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Have you tried bowling a more fuller length and in line with off or straight... ?

Let me know how you want your back lashed... !

Ha!

I bowl a full length probably 70% of the time to bring the stumps into play.

It's a double edged sword in a way as I feel the pitch bounce slider needs to be fairly high in order to ensure there's any kind of carry to the keeper and slips at 80-85mph, but then it means anything less than a full ball is clearing the stumps.

If I bowl on the stumps, I'm either going to get whipped through the On side, or the cpu might play a stoke at it. That brings out the edges, but it's rarely if ever a false shot and the ball misses the bat and hits the pad. The only false shot tends to find the edge.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Yes because I bat most of the time so that's why.. It was quite surprising just 4 wides conceded by AI in 20 overs. What I did for my bowlers was took out there batting skills as I have done for all the batsman also.Alsonner balling very nice after I gave him that so much needed bowling skills.. That arm bowl though, was very good as well.. Had BA took the time to skill these players correctly this game would have been way way better right from the word go.
Can you please confirm if bowlers are still bowling the balls outside off and leg (not wides)with judgement 95%. It should not be always wicket to wicket.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can you please confirm if bowlers are still bowling the balls outside off and leg (not wides)with judgement 95%. It should not be always wicket to wicket.

I tried this with aus bowlers. It is a lot better, I have their mentality either precise or conservative and they bowl on stumps or just outside off stump most of the time, but you do get opportunities to play to leg still

However, I just cannot get any edges whilst batting for love or money. I set West Indies players so all batting stats were between 1-10 and the drive stat to 1. Gameplay modifiers to 100 except timing (80) and ball marker, but if get one edge an innings I am doing well.

graham

Club Captain
Just when I thought I had a good match which I was getting edges and worn cracked pitch on day 3, the AI decides to be unplayable can’t get bat on ball or is my bat invisible !
Then the scores and scoresheet change all names to the same c censored !!!
I got a few choice words of Frustration but it I better put c.censored ?!

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I believe the censored names is an issue with Parental Control settings on console. I am not 100% sure, I play on PC. Could your console settings have changed?

jonah

International Coach
Just when I thought I had a good match which I was getting edges and worn cracked pitch on day 3, the AI decides to be unplayable can’t get bat on ball or is my bat invisible !
This happened to me earlier, I had to let the PS4 install a software update and then all was fine again.

MK4

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Is there going to be another cricket game being released soon by big ant or is that it for the next few years?

I mean cricket wc is coming too

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Is there going to be another cricket game being released soon by big ant or is that it for the next few years?

I mean cricket wc is coming too
I guess they will release a game for world cup. It will be good if they get more licenses by that time.
The success of that game will depend on how Big ant supports Ashes Cricket for next 6-9 months.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I tried this with aus bowlers. It is a lot better, I have their mentality either precise or conservative and they bowl on stumps or just outside off stump most of the time, but you do get opportunities to play to leg still

However, I just cannot get any edges whilst batting for love or money. I set West Indies players so all batting stats were between 1-10 and the drive stat to 1. Gameplay modifiers to 100 except timing (80) and ball marker, but if get one edge an innings I am doing well.

Just putting it out there for Big Ant , but in the Online version of the Game , playing test matches , the nicks are 100 % fine , although they only happen when Ross flips the switch.

But overall , I will say we get like 6 dismissals average per innings from edging , maybe slightly high , but thats from 4 tests played so far . (8 Innings)

Just saying its almost the opposite from the Offline AI not edging issues.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Just putting it out there for Big Ant , but in the Online version of the Game , playing test matches , the nicks are 100 % fine , although they only happen when Ross flips the switch.

But overall , I will say we get like 6 dismissals average per innings from edging , maybe slightly high , but thats from 4 tests played so far . (8 Innings)

Just saying its almost the opposite from the Offline AI not edging issues.
I take from that - timing is perhaps the most critical thing when generating edges in the game. Presumably, the lag introduced online is perhaps making people play later than they would offline?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I take from that - timing is perhaps the most critical thing when generating edges in the game. Presumably, the lag introduced online is perhaps making people play later than they would offline?

That doesn’t apply for Xbox version (I play late loads but just miss ball every time)

Edit: are the Xbox and PS4 at the same version patch fix/gameplay improvements wise?

If not I would be interested to see if any Xbox owners edge ball whilst batting or is it just PS4 owners etc..?

jonah

International Coach
That doesn’t apply for Xbox version (I play late loads but just miss ball every time)

Edit: are the Xbox and PS4 at the same version patch fix/gameplay improvements wise?

If not I would be interested to see if any Xbox owners edge ball whilst batting or is it just PS4 owners etc..?

Interesting theory Phil, I'm on PS4 and definitely get edges, both AI and human. Mind you I only play AI set to pro level, batting hard, bowling and fielding medium (my excuse being I don't get much time to play) so don't know if that makes a difference?

Users who are viewing this thread