Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Just putting it out there for Big Ant , but in the Online version of the Game , playing test matches , the nicks are 100 % fine , although they only happen when Ross flips the switch.

But overall , I will say we get like 6 dismissals average per innings from edging , maybe slightly high , but thats from 4 tests played so far . (8 Innings)

Just saying its almost the opposite from the Offline AI not edging issues.
and then I play an online T20, batted aggressively got way over 200 not a hint of an edge in site, play every shot in the book (Pro difficulty)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Interesting theory Phil, I'm on PS4 and definitely get edges, both AI and human. Mind you I only play AI set to pro level, batting hard, bowling and fielding medium (my excuse being I don't get much time to play) so don't know if that makes a difference?

See I play on PC, Legend difficulty and my experience is the opposite. Whilst bowling I literally get zero edges, maybe I'll get one if I'm lucky and when I bat I'm edging the ball all over the place. For bowling I've got it set to super easy so every ball I bowl is a "Perfect" delivery and for batting I use wealy sliders with pitch marker modified to 50...For the life of me I can't get an edge when bowling though it's really putting me off playing test matches knowing I'll bowl 150 odd overs with no chance of an edge...

What kind of scores do CPU post against you?

D

Deleted member 46200

Is there going to be another cricket game being released soon by big ant or is that it for the next few years?

I mean cricket wc is coming too
If they hold the licence for the Ashes then common sense would suggest they will release a game for the Series based in England as for anything before then this will rely on if they were to acquire the relevant license.[DOUBLEPOST=1516349970][/DOUBLEPOST]
I guess they will release a game for world cup. It will be good if they get more licenses by that time.
The success of that game will depend on how Big ant supports Ashes Cricket for next 6-9 months.
Why bother... ? The academy is doing a fine job of recreating the tournament would you want to pay more for some bunting... ?

D

Deleted member 46200

View attachment 203705
Am I the only one who gets aroused when Ross puts up the finger?
You need to get out more it Ross's finger arouses you... Fills me with dread (think about it)... ?

My apologies for those that can't see past the 'pathetic entendre'... Those who know me know I don't frequent such crap... I dread the umpires finger as I tend to not hang around with the bat, sometimes I can get into double fingers but alas, I get given the finger a lot... But isn't this a batsman's worst nightmare... ?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 46200

See I play on PC, Legend difficulty and my experience is the opposite. Whilst bowling I literally get zero edges, maybe I'll get one if I'm lucky and when I bat I'm edging the ball all over the place. For bowling I've got it set to super easy so every ball I bowl is a "Perfect" delivery and for batting I use wealy sliders with pitch marker modified to 50...For the life of me I can't get an edge when bowling though it's really putting me off playing test matches knowing I'll bowl 150 odd overs with no chance of an edge...

What kind of scores do CPU post against you?
The batsmen tend to edge it more when they are 'rattled' so bowl a mixed bag of deliveries... I catch many edges but also had a few drop short and carry to empty areas of the pitch so many 'oh so near' moments that make me think and feel there isn't a lot wrong here.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Interesting theory Phil, I'm on PS4 and definitely get edges, both AI and human. Mind you I only play AI set to pro level, batting hard, bowling and fielding medium (my excuse being I don't get much time to play) so don't know if that makes a difference?

Thing is batting on pro should be harder to get edges , legend it should be easier to edge when batting ?

Interested to hear from Xbox users ?

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
and then I play an online T20, batted aggressively got way over 200 not a hint of an edge in site, play every shot in the book (Pro difficulty)

Same here , when we play T20`s , the edges are almost nowhere to be seen , but in Tests they are there, and plenty.

This all on Legend Difficulty , Online.

What is so weird , is even my okes in light green Confidence nicks it off when the Ross Switch drops.

But in T20 , it doesnt really happen , or is not noticeable at all.

D

Deleted member 46200

Thing is batting on pro should be harder to get edges , legend it should be easier to edge when batting ?

Interested to hear from Xbox users ?
Not if you're 'chucking' the same old rubbish down the track, edges and LBW's need to be worked on anyone can get catches if the batsman are lazy or rattled or trying to go long on a slower ball. Sorry PS4 all the way...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Not if you're 'chucking' the same old rubbish down the track, edges and LBW's need to be worked on anyone can get catches if the batsman are lazy or rattled or trying to go long on a slower ball. Sorry PS4 all the way...

I am talking about getting edges when you are batting, not when AI is batting ?

D

Deleted member 46200

I am talking about getting edges when you are batting, not when AI is batting ?
Yes I have edged it on numerous occasion. I feel there is discrepancy between the game formats I only have time for T 20 matches I feel others who are having problems play longer formats.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Yes I have edged it on numerous occasion. I feel there is discrepancy between the game formats I only have time for T 20 matches I feel others who are having problems play longer formats.

True only been playing tests, must try t20 and see how it goes....

D

Deleted member 46200

It opens a whole new world to you... Give it a try and you'll see it's different.

For a great gaming experience play as Perth at the WACA... This is what dreams are made of.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
The batsmen tend to edge it more when they are 'rattled' so bowl a mixed bag of deliveries... I catch many edges but also had a few drop short and carry to empty areas of the pitch so many 'oh so near' moments that make me think and feel there isn't a lot wrong here.

Possibly but something tells me this isn't the case, playing some ODI matches I literally bowl out-swingers outside off 95% of the time and I got a ton of edges. Then I moved onto playing test matches with the same bowling strategy and I bowled 130 overs no edge, but funnily enough when it got to batsmen 5 onwards they started to edge it a bit more. Then 2nd innings of bowling I got edges everywhere. Played another test and in both innings no edges apart from one edge early on. So I'm not sure if mixing up deliveries makes a difference I think there is something wrong with the game because as you can see people have an issue edging the ball whilst batting, but I however edge the ball A LOT when batting it's where 60-70% of how I get out.

Possibly but something tells me this isn't the case, playing some ODI matches I literally bowl out-swingers outside off 95% of the time and I got a ton of edges. Then I moved onto playing test matches with the same bowling strategy and I bowled 130 overs no edge, but funnily enough when it got to batsmen 5 onwards they started to edge it a bit more. Then 2nd innings of bowling I got edges everywhere. Played another test and in both innings no edges apart from one edge early on. So I'm not sure if mixing up deliveries makes a difference I think there is something wrong with the game because as you can see people have an issue edging the ball whilst batting, but I however edge the ball A LOT when batting it's where 60-70% of how I get out.

Also you get edges that fall short from pace bowlers when you are bowling? When I do get edges they fly head or above head height all the time. To this day I think the Cricket 05/07 series had the most beautiful looking edges, how they'd drop really low to the ground and the animation of the slips too, very nice!

I also play tests though and I edge the ball the the slips/keeper all the time

Users who are viewing this thread