Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I doubt stats will be fixed.

I hope they fix the ball physics , especially when it comes to fast bowlers' R2 variation balls (such as leg cutter etc).

If they don't , I think it would be better if they just remove that option of holding R2 and bowling a ridiculously swervy delivery remniscent of some of the worst pitches and batting conditions in the world.

Stats and physics are the two things that should be at the top of the list of things you do properly when you make a cricket game, and this game seems to fail miserably in both regards.

But hey, we have pitch markers, fielding radars, Cricket 07 controls and helicopter shots.

Progress!

Just had a truly mental 2nd Test in Adelaide with the pink ball.

I won by 53 runs late on day 4.....with Australia all out in their final innings for 561 lol

158 for Smith, 105 for Marsh, 76 for Payne and 62* for Starc, who I still maintain is Australia's best bat by some distance.

Thought a 600+ lead would have been plenty when I declared on day 3, clearly I was very nearly wrong!! It was all very strange as Australia collapsed in their first innings, all out for 155.

169.1 overs in the field as well, those England bowlers will sleep tonight! Crackers!

Oh and I actually got someone out LBW, that's the most remarkable thing haha! And the CPU reviewed it.....umpires call tho ;)

Just had a truly mental 2nd Test in Adelaide with the pink ball.

I won by 53 runs late on day 4.....with Australia all out in their final innings for 561 lol

158 for Smith, 105 for Marsh, 76 for Payne and 62* for Starc, who I still maintain is Australia's best bat by some distance.

Thought a 600+ lead would have been plenty when I declared on day 3, clearly I was very nearly wrong!! It was all very strange as Australia collapsed in their first innings, all out for 155.

169.1 overs in the field as well, those England bowlers will sleep tonight! Crackers!

Oh and I actually got someone out LBW, that's the most remarkable thing haha! And the CPU reviewed it.....umpires call tho ;)

After reading this I'm going to have to play one of the test matches. I've only had the game for 4 days and I've been tinkering with gameplay and slider settings n stuff.
Mrs Davidson is visiting her mum for a few days next week.....gives me time to get stuck into a proper test match or three.

I wish AI played on merit or quality of delivery bowled. And AI/match difficulty determined how well they can play deliveries (even the good ones). At the same time would have liked if the batsman Ariel marker was an indication of the quality of the delivery and pitch marker of line and length, while batting.
Would there be much point having the aerial marker indicate quality considering 9/10 of the AI balls are rubbish? I don't like the aerial marker, I think it simplifies batting too much. It's well intentioned but makes the margin for error too wide.

I had a ball yesterday where the pitch marker was slightly obscured by the batsman's body. I couldn't figure out the length (short / full) quick enough so I just prodded forward with a kind of nothing shot. It hit the glove, looped up and was caught. Some people might find that a bad thing, and I don't think it's an intended part of the game, but I like the fact that sometimes it can happen. To borrow a phrase from tennis: it's the difference between a forced error and an unforced error. 95% of my dismissals feel like unforced errors, just me getting bored and wanting a slog, not timing, wrong shot etc.

The pitch marker isn't perfect but by design or by flaw it at least adds a bit of difficulty. If I had the aerial marker on it'd just show 'red-going down leg side' and I play a pull shot, without any risk or worry it might be out.

I doubt stats will be fixed.

I hope they fix the ball physics , especially when it comes to fast bowlers' R2 variation balls (such as leg cutter etc).

If they don't , I think it would be better if they just remove that option of holding R2 and bowling a ridiculously swervy delivery remniscent of some of the worst pitches and batting conditions in the world.
I doubt nothing will be fixes and they will come up with a new release

I think we should all meet at one place and create our own game.

There was a game called the Art of Cricket which got as far as being visibly a cricket game that was designed by the community. Something open source or totally moddable would be good. I guess we have that with the sliders. But if the basis for an AI are broken, (like the AI have to smash the last ball of the over no matter what), then we don't really have anything to work with.

here's the video of the AI dismissals from the innings i mentioned earlier.

Nice, but a lot of playing across the line? I hardly ever get that! How are they set up for judgment?

Nice, but a lot of playing across the line? I hardly ever get that! How are they set up for judgment?

not sure... a lot of those players were made by mouseydread, and i don't recall if i changed them much/at all.

this is what's better in ashes - the AI is punished for playing across the line. in dbc14 and 17 they could do it with impunity.

I dunno if it's just cause I'm playing with tweaked sides but the last ball of an over slog is so painfully predictable in ODI. Particularly when it's a batsman's first ball - two wickets down in the second over and BOSH - smashes one over cover point for six.

Users who are viewing this thread